“so much fun !!”

Taste Newburyport Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: There are many ways to experience Newburyport, MA however none are as fun or as satisfying as our Taste Newburyport food and cultural tour. Get a true sense of this charming New England city as we make our way on foot through downtown Newburyport sampling food from local vendors. Taste Newburyport is the most delicious way to discover Newburyport!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“so much fun !!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

there were 7 of us on opening day for the 2014 season. we thoroughly enjoyed the newburyport experience with patrick.

the tour was well worth the price and patrick was a great guide: personable, kind, informative and simply a terrific host. i had purchased the tour for my mom's 79th birthday. she had never done anything like this and was a tad apprehensive but she loved it the second it started. patrick went out of his way to make her day special ...that was an added bonus for us.

we started and ended with desert. in the middle we had a variety of food and drink. we certainly had enough to consider this a feast for lunch. patrick also offered a variety of historical and current pieces of information and made suggestions for other options for after the tour. at each of the stops the owner or shop representative explained certain key features about the business. we had an opportunity to purchase items or go back after the tour. we did both.

the city of newburyport is darling. a great place for the tour. i have been on many food tours both in out of the the usa, this is certainly at the top of all of my experiences. my mom is still telling all her friends what a great time she had. 10 out of 10. thank you much for a great day.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jennifer g
patrick h, Owner at Taste Newburyport Food Tour, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the tour, I had a blast hanging out with you and your mom and glad you guys enjoyed your time in Newburyport. Hope to see you all on a future tour!

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Several friends were planning on visiting Newburyport for a weekend and we were looking to find some information about the town. I booked a Taste of Newburyport Food Tour for 5 women. I have been on other food tours and they were interesting. I was more than pleasantly surprised when it came to this tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed the history of the town. The amount of food samples you receive is very generous especially the lunch. We were given suggestions for dinner during our stay and couldn't have been happier with the restaurant. The tour was worth more than the cost. I would recommend to anyone who visits the area to participate in this tour to really enjoy and appreciate Newburyport.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank moemcl
patrick h, Owner at Taste Newburyport Food Tour, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for your review and it was a pleasure having you all on tour! What a fun group and I am glad to have met you all.
Concord, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cape Ann Foodies Tours”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a fabulous way to see, learn about and taste Newburyport, a charming town right on the water. Patrick was gracious, knowledgeable and engaging. Every stop along the way was as great as the previous, the proprietors were gracious and hospitable and the all the food was delicious! As we walked through this charming town Patrick told us a bit about its history. It was a wonderful day for our group of 20. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lynnj82
Thanks for leaving a review! I am glad to have shown you around and am happy you guys enjoyed Newburyport. I look forward to seeing you all on a future tour.
ma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great way to get a Taste of Newburyport”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

PJ was a great tour guide and did what all great tour guides do, he adjusted well to those who were on the tour. We were a group of women who came as one big tour, so it was easy for him to make small adjustments to make the tour custom to us. The food was great. Really loved the cupcakes and cheeses and of course the sit down lunch of lobster mac'n cheese (although there were other choices). Nice variety of foods with good sampling at each place, again with choices and options for those with food issues. Great stories about each place, and of course Newburyport history in general. Even if you have been to Newburyport before, I'm sure PJ had at least one talking point you would not have known. For me, there were many. If you have never been to Newburyport this is a great way to get a taste. Everyone I went with, can't wait to go back and explore some more! Thanks PJ for a memorable day, in a great town with history views and of course great food!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank coldinbostonMa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun, Informative and DELICIOUS Tour!!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I highly recommend the Taste Newburyport Food Tour!

My boyfriend's mom had been on the tour in October and after hearing her rave reviews, I thought it'd be a great idea to steal for my mom's birthday. So, last weekend my brother and I took our mom on a "mystery trip" up to Newburyport and filled her in on what we were doing a few minutes before the tour began. Between the 3 of us, no one had been to a) Newburyport or b) on a food tour. Whatever expectations we had were blown out of the water, starting with PJ, our tour guide, welcoming my mom to the tour by wishing her a happy birthday (I had emailed him prior to note the reason for our visit). PJ then proceeded to let each store owner on our tour know that we were celebrating her birthday. My mom (and my brother and I!) could not have been more pleased - the warmth and attention shown to her was quite memorable. We're already trying to figure out how to top this gift for next year's birthday!

The tour itself was not just a food sampling... it was FEAST! It seemed like an endless stream of new places to visit and new items to try. The stops on our tour were filled with Newburyport charm and the personable stories from the store owners really added to that. PJ was excellent as a tour guide and shared some fascinating tidbits about the area. We had a great group with us (including PJ's wife and her family!) which made the whole event that much more special.

Visited November 2013
patrick h, Owner at Taste Newburyport Food Tour, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review and it was my pleasure to host your family on a great day out in Newburyport. I hope to see you guys out on a future tour and hope your mom enjoys the whoopie pies!