“OMG! Insanely great!”

Dining options: Lunch
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
“OMG! Insanely great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I got my wife a birthday cake from ECB a couple of years ago. This year, I did it again. I sent Hilary a vague image about what I wanted and she TOTALLY came through, with great humor and joy. But that isn't all; the cake TASTED GREAT. It was dense and flavorful and fresh and well, you get the idea. I've gotten "specially cakes" from other bakers over the years, but usually they are just gagged up too much icing and too much sugar and such -- but this cake tastes like cake tasted years ago.

You have have absolutely no reserve about getting anything at all from Eat Cake! I've been around the world, but even Parisian bakers would swoon over this boulangerie!

• Visited October 2012

New England
“Tastefully Genius!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Do NOT Go or you'll gain weight! LOL. The cupcakes and cakes are so beautiful to look at I was almost hesitant to eat the work of art...that ceased after one bite! The taste was nothing short of AMAZING! Absolute perfection to the all of my senses! I tried several flavors, thanks to my husband! I tried: Vanilla with fresh lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream frosting, Chocolate chip poundcake & Chocolate fudge-Oreo cupcakes eventually. I am addicted! I am going to start EAT CAKE & CUPCAKES ANONYMOUS!

I do not care which flavor of cake or cupcake you chose, you cannot go wrong! These people are Artistic geniuses!

• Visited September 2012
Walpole, New Hampshire
“Perfection Confections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Eat Cake is tucked away on a side street in beautiful Newburyport,MA. The spotless preparation area is visible to customers. The daily cupcake selections are presented on covered pedestal stands, making you feel as though each cake has been baked just for you.
The cakes are moist, the frosting not cloyingly sweet. There was a nice offering of flavors for people of varying tastes.
My daughter and her husband visited this bakery after seeing the owner, who was very pleasant, compete on Cupcake Wars on Food Network. They love cupcakes and I have to agree that after sampling cupcakes from NYC to northern New Hampshire, Eat Cake is the best.

• Visited August 2012