“Excellent food and friendly staff”

Brown Sugar by the Sea
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love this place. I live in New York and I can tell you that this Thai food is better than I've ever had here. It's priced reasonably and the staff is so friendly and sweet. Also lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Just great.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good for eat in or take out - we do both. Highly recommend - Everything has great flavor - haven't been disappointed yet!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our first visit since the restaurant changed names: Our party of 4 had very tasty appetizers and entrees - all of us were pleased with our choices! It was a Saturday night (and a bit busy) so we had a short wait which wasn't a problem at all. We did however, find the service a bit rushed with our entrees arriving before we had even finished our appetizers. We also found it odd that none of the desserts had a Thai, or even vaguely Asian, theme.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My son introduced me to Thai food while visiting him at BU. We went to Brown Sugar on Commonwealth Ave. Much to my delight, I found this sister rest in newburyport. The food is consistently excellent, served piping hot and with an abundance of flavor.

1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The food has gone down hill since owner changed ...the veggies in stir fries aren't even cooked , broth in soup is bouillon cubes....at this price? No thank you .
The old place was so much better, we will keep on driving to Hampton center for our Thai