“Tasty!”
Review of Oregano's Pizzeria

Oregano's Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Newburyport
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Oregano Pizzeria and Ristorante is located in the heart of historic downtown Newburyport. We take pride in our homemade tomato marinara sauce which is prepared with crushed San Marzano Italian tomatoes (DOC). All of our mozzarella cheese is a blended with real buffalo milk & is a 50/50 mix of skim & whole milk cheese. Our fresh mozzarella di Bufala cheese is Italian imported (DOC). Each pizza dough is hand stretched and topped with the freshest locally grown ingredients then finished in our signature brick oven imported from Genoa, Italy. Al dente pasta and Italian entrees, fresh salads, and house-made desserts are sure to entice you! All of our menu items are available gluten free! Enjoy a variety of local brew beers, unique cocktails, or one of our 30 wines, by the glass-the largest selection of Italian wines from the premier regions of Italy. Come visit our warm and cozy dining room or order takeout to bring home. Let's Go To Oregano! Ciao!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm a pizza snob and we were pleasantly surprised with their gluten free North End pizza! I recommend this place and why not drink a Peroni

1  Thank Caio M
There are newer reviews for Oregano's Pizzeria

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have never been to any other restaurant like this one that serves both "updated" Italian choices as well as Middle Eastern treats. I love the idea. After all, both are essentially Mediterranean, right?

I read some of the reviews to the right, and I was kind of shocked, but, then again, we only went the one time while on vacation. I have to say our one experience with the restaurant was nearly perfect.

I love the wood fired pizza, and the bubbly crust, but I was a little disappointed that ours did not come out that way. Don't get me wrong. It was good, but I do believe it was taken out of the over just a bit early. Nonetheless, it was tasty, exactly what we ordered, and, most importantly, it was vegan. I loved the vegan and vegetarian options offered at this restaurant! Usually, we cannot eat Italian unless we have pizza because other Italian restaurants "warm" their sausage and meatballs in their otherwise "animal-free" marinara. Oregano understands veganism and vegetarianism.

Now, I'm still trying to figure out what salad our aunt had when she dined with us. I suspect it was the Oregano salad because that is the only one I am seeing with lentils on it, and this salad certainly had lentils on it. In fact, it looked more like a bowl of lentils than a salad with lentils on it. It was, nonetheless, very good, and she had plenty to share with the rest of us.

Oregano also has a good variety of craft beers at reasonable prices, and we enjoyed both of the local options. To sum it up, we liked the ambiance of the place, and we generally liked the food and the prices. I will say that the walls reflect sound, and the restaurant can get noisy even with just a few patrons either dining or drinking.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We found this place while looking to have lunch on vacation, we ordered the meat lover's pizza, it was absolutely amazing, the pizza was hot, the crust was nice and crispy cooked on a stone. The sangria was one of the best I have ever had, local craft beer is available on tap. Staff are pleasant and very attentive, prices are very reasonable and quality of food is excellent.

1  Thank Copper15_11
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tried this place a few times....yuck. Food is terrible, too salty. Pizza is gross. They cannot cook or prepare anything correctly. Can't believe they are STILL in business.

2  Thank Connie H
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there for a nice summer night out and a walk around town after. The place is nice and very inviting. we started off with some appetizers and salad. The calamari was not very good and actually undercooked or raw. We didn't like it. We had a salad and there was some unknown object in it. We returned it to the waitress who explained to us that it was a piece of wood???? It was adjusted off the check. The pizza was good and many varieties cooked crispy. It was an OK experience but not in a big rush to go back especially for $180 for 6 of us without drinks