“Excellent pizza, good atmosphere, greek options”
Review of Oregano's Pizzeria

Oregano's Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Newburyport
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Oregano Pizzeria and Ristorante is located in the heart of historic downtown Newburyport. We take pride in our homemade tomato marinara sauce which is prepared with crushed San Marzano Italian tomatoes (DOC). All of our mozzarella cheese is a blended with real buffalo milk & is a 50/50 mix of skim & whole milk cheese. Our fresh mozzarella di Bufala cheese is Italian imported (DOC). Each pizza dough is hand stretched and topped with the freshest locally grown ingredients then finished in our signature brick oven imported from Genoa, Italy. Al dente pasta and Italian entrees, fresh salads, and house-made desserts are sure to entice you! All of our menu items are available gluten free! Enjoy a variety of local brew beers, unique cocktails, or one of our 30 wines, by the glass-the largest selection of Italian wines from the premier regions of Italy. Come visit our warm and cozy dining room or order takeout to bring home. Let's Go To Oregano! Ciao!
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Excellent pizza, good atmosphere, greek options”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm a regular at Oregano's - it has great ambiance and fantastic pizza (the main offering). Pasta dishes and a few greek options round out the menu, and some of their salads are pleasantly unique. We go for the pizza, always great - the entrees have been a little inconsistent. They recently established a small side-patio that is a lovely place for a meal.

Visited September 2012

Concord, New Hampshire
“Dreaming of the Pizza”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped there for a early dinner with 3 other people. We got Insalata Simplice & The Oregano Salad..very good and one got a white sangria and I got the red...loved them. We ordered 2 large pizzas...Wild Mushroom & Lasagna Pizza. They were soooo good. The service was good and we had leftovers. I cant wait to go back there!!!

• Visited September 2012
Salem, MA
“Loved the expresso”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stopped in here for a sandwich. The service was slow, but friendly and the chicken-avocado
sandwich was good. The espresso was served with a lemon peel and was really wonderful.

• Visited August 2012
USA
“Oregano pizza was amazing”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm still thinking about the oregano pizza and trying to figure out how the heck I can make this at home. More research needed and I can't wait.

• Visited August 2012
Naples, Florida
“Local visited two times in a month...service horrible”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have been to this place several times over the years. Food was pretty good most times but not memorable. Frequently the pizza has been shall we say 'crunchy' (over done to near burnt). One we had sent back due to being overly crunchy.

On two recent solo visits, just for a quick pizza and a beer. I sat at the bar not wanting to take up a table. The place was far from busy, many tables empty. On the first visit, I sat waiting for a menu and a beer for a while. The owner was around, looked at me and another guy waiting to pay his tab, smiled and walked away. I waited another 5 minutes, not one person came to take and order or settle the guys tab. After that they guy did his own change and left. I sat for another few minute and nothing. I left and went to Joe's.

A second visit around the same time - mid to late afternoon on a weekday, resulted in similar service. Waited about 10 minutes on this outing, and not a single person came to tend the bar. Several other staff were also waiting for service as well.

I will likely try it once more this summer before casting this place aside. Service even when seating seems to be slow. There are too many pizza places in town to sit and wait 10 minute for a menu.

To the owner: take out the bar, you do not know how to manage it or staff it.

• Visited June 2012