“Fresh, Tasty Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited the area for the fist time and were overwhelmed by restaurant choices; so we asked the owner of a local men's store for a recommendation and without hesitation he said Loretta.
"The chef is very good and the menu varied."

Loretta is right on State Street within easy walking distance of municipal parking; the space is small, however, so arrive early for choice tables. Wait staff was friendly and helpful; the food we ordered was a delicious medley of tastes and was nicely presented.

The price of our meal was less than other posted menus on State Street -- a great value!

1  Thank Deb M

Reviewed September 22, 2013

There are a lot of choices in Newburyport so I appreciate the feedback of other people of Trip Advisor. I can see why Loretta's is number one! The food was very good...I had the pan-seared cod, rice and fresh string beans. All delicious, but not enough string beans for me. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich with great fries and cole slaw. A terrific value at $9. We shared the mussels appetizer which was good, but I really prefer parsley in this dish instead of cilantro. Hubby also had the potato leek soup which was creamy and delicious.

All in all a great visit to Loretta's. The service was efficient and the Host also came by the table to check on how everything was.

There are so many restaurants in NBP, but you will not be disappointed if you pick Loretta's.

1  Thank DianeS228
Reviewed September 17, 2013

"Good things come in small packages", surely applies here. Small restaurant with fantastic fresh food! The Clam Chowder was absolutely delicious - creamy with clams, potatoes, and bacon.
We both opted for the Loretta Burger - talk about fresh beef!! with no hormones and grass fed locally, and cooked to perfection! Our first server was so pleasant, but believe she must have gone off duty at 3:00 or later, our second server left a lot to be desired in regard to congeniality.
Hope the first girl got the tip! Putting that aside, I would highly recommend this restaurant, for its outstanding "fresh" and well prepared food. Nice atmosphere, too. Of course, great food equals a great chef!!!

1  Thank bobmarg
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had planned a trip to Newburyport and Plum Island and had been told to eat dinner at Loretta. It is set in a lovely storefront in the middle of everything. It was a rainy night and inside, the restaurant was warm and cozy. The owner himself was there and very friendly and helpful, the waitress was also nice and we tried a couple different appetizers and drinks, to get started. I don't remember the details but we had an artichoke type dip, that was really great, and also a risotto ball type appetizer, I would order them again if I ever get back to Newburyport! I ate the pulled pork (delicious) and the others really enjoyed their food as well. Would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank homebeach
Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was a perfect day in Newburyport. Weather was sunny, 72 with no humidity. We had a most delicious lunch. We chose to sit outside as we did think the small indoor space was quite noisy. The food for lunch was exceptional. The brisket sliders were the best we had ever eaten. Home cooked taste and ample portions. The fries were equally commendable. We also had the chicken club wrap which was very good. Too full for any desert we went on our way very happy with our choice of restaurants for lunch.