“I highly recommend the Garrison Inn”

Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newburyport
Dublin, California
“I highly recommend the Garrison Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

T had a wonderful stay at the Garrison Inn. I was there for 3 nights in February for a business trip. The staff was friendly and customer service oriented. The room was beautiful and comfortable and get up early to take advantage of the wonderful breakfast that is included. All in all, I had a warm and cozy experience at the Garrison Inn and would highly recommend this quaint inn for your stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife and I have had several terrific weekend getaways at the Garrison Inn - both with kids and without kids. The location is perfect. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable. The lobby area with champaign bar is quite trendy. And the downstairs restaurant, David's Tavern, is fantastic -- a warm inviting atmosphere, a top-notch bar, and tasty entrees and specials. As if this wasn't enough, David's Tavern offers a kids room where baby-sitters will watch your kids while you enjoy a relaxing dinner. Live music starts around 9pm.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Married_w_toddlers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Garrison Inn during July 2010 while visiting family in Newburyport. The inn is absolutely beautiful inside and out--the rooms, each unique--are clean and fitted with gorgeous antique furniture and decor. Our room had wooden shutters, brick accents, and a large flat-screen television. The location, for Newburyport, cannot be beat, as parking is free (often, difficult to come by in downtown Newburyport, especially during the summer), and shops are just steps away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

From the time of my arrival until my departure, I found my stay at the Garrison Inn extraordinary. The room was immaculate and fully stocked, the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, and the staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. It is a lovely destination, and I would not think twice about staying at the property again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Milford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

We love coming here because we can park the car and then enjoy a nice stroll to the shops and resturants.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Every year, friends and I go away for a weekend to celebrate birthdays and do some holiday shopping. This was our third year traveling to Newburyport and participating in the Holiday Shopping Weekend. The inn where we usually stay was unavailable but we were very happy at the Garrison Inn! The rooom was spacious, great location, staff was personable and friendly. We loved the continental breakfast! We never made it to the exercise gym but there is a ftiness center available across the street and with a pool. This will definitely be our first choice in the future!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

I travel a lot on business an have stayed in many hotels over the years I would deffinately recommend this to any traveler looking for an interesting place with tangible services and historical and hip character. In particular I enjoyed the large lap pool and the the proxmity to downtown as there are lots of restaurant choices in the area. I plan on returning with my wife and kids this summer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburyport
Essex Street Inn & Suites
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#2 of 41 in Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern

Been to Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!