“Great Food and friendly staff”
Review of David's Tavern - CLOSED

David's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

David's Tavern is located in the Garrison Inn. It has a very diverse menu, excellent food and a very friendly staff.

2  Thank Ed D

Reviewed July 19, 2012

When we walked into David's Tavern the first thing we noticed was that none of the patrons was under 60...hmmmm. The air conditioning made the place like a meat locker - so cold I was very uncomfortable. The waitress quickly took our order and brought our cocktails (excellent b-t-w) but forgot to put olives in my husband's martini. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning. We shared two lobster cakes which were exceptional - I wish we'd ordered two cakes for each of us. We also shared a peanut noodle salad which was terrible. Very disappointing. We both had scallops - mine were sauteed in lemon and butter and were good. My husband had his in a cream sauce with pasta which he said was also good. All-in-all the atmosphere was just okay, the food was okay, and the service was just okay.

1  Thank 2dtrav
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Feels like an old nightclub. The food was uninspired. The lobster cakes were a mishmash of flavors and the lobster really didn't stand out. From what I saw walking around downtown, there are better options for dinner in Newburyport.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

After all the good reviews we read we were very dissapointed. I had the scallop special, it was overly spicy and the lobster risotto was very under seasoned and had no lobster in it at all. Another person with us had the shrimp scampi and it had no flavor at all, the shrimp we over cooked and very tough. We also had the chicked penne and broccoli, it had no flavor and no broccoli in it "lol", and was swimming in olive-oil. In addition the service was not great, it took awhile for her to come over and once we got our food she never came back to ask how anything was!! I dont know what people are talking about, but we wont be back!!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The food is good. The atmosphere is unique and very inviting. It keeps me coming back every time I visit Newburyport. If you're lucky (as I was this time) you'll get to enjoy a talented lounge musician while you dine or drink at the bar.

2  Thank cvmph