“Worth the drive!”

Plum Island Grille
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Concord, New Hampshire
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family visits Plum Island a couple of times a year primarily to go to the Parker River Wildlife Refuge. We have heard about the Plum Island Grille on local television show and decided to go. We purposefully made a reservation for 4PM in the bar/pub side of the restaurant so we could watch the sunset from the huge picture windows which was as spectacular as we had heard. The bar/pub side is comfortable and clean. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. The menu was superb! Highly recommend the shrimp and scallop carbonara. The fish was done perfectly and the carbonara sauce was perfect - well seasoned, not too heavy. Teens had the duck confit that they loved. Spouse had an appetizer shrimp dish that was seasoned and cooked perfectly. Also recommend vodka martini or actually any martini that their blue cheese stuffed olives will go nicely with. Yum! Dessert was incredible as well. Price very reasonable. Will definitely go back again in the spring and plan on watching the sunset again.

• Visited December 2013

Methuen, Massachusetts
“Fly by...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Been there twice and won't be back. Stopped in this last time for a cocktail at the bar. There weren't many seats available and no one seemed interested in moving so I asked if we could sit at one of the many open tables for a quick drink. We were told there was room at the bar and the bar tender motioned us towards two seats jammed in the corner. A women had to move to let us in and she wasn't very pleased at all. There were so many flies buzzing around it was disgusting! So there we are stuffed in the corner, swarmed by flies with stuck up unfriendly neighbors at the bar. Awesome. Got a bloody mary that was far from good and decided I was done with the place for good! Don't bother with this place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Keith G
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Wedding Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We hosted a wedding celebration this past weekend and Plum Island Grille provided catering services. They were a full partner in the planning and execution and we couldn't have been more pleased with the results and their process. We were so impressed with their attention to detail and focus on customer service. They were happy to help in any way and were were warm and gracious in every way. I highly recommend them.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love this place- everything good except waitress overcharged”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Date of visit: August 17th- Time of visit about 730p

This is an awesome spot to hit after a relaxing day at the beach..
love it- Great deck ...to have a cocktail waiting for your table and checking out the sunset...great people watching.

The food is yummy but kind of small portions.
We shared a shrimp appetizer (only 2 for 3 hungry girls..but thats ok) and I had a yummy salmon dinner.

Only negative- waitress made mistake and charged me twice...
It took several days (about 5 ) for charge to come off my account. She really wasnt too apologetic about it.

I understand things happen and I love this place so I will always come back :) That has never happened to me before..

Visited August 2013
Dracut, MA
“Crazy Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been a few times to this restaurant. First time service was good food decent but atmosphere not so much. This time it was just overall crazy! We sat in the bar area to eat so I expected it to be somewhat noisy. There were so many drunks spilling drinks pushing people! The place had to call the cops cause someone slapped a employee! We waited at least a 1/2 hr before the waiter came by our table to take our drink order then he took our menus and walked away! We're like were eating as well. Then another waitress comes by telling us the kitchen is closing if your ordering. I bite my tongue and order, I should have said we were ready to order a 1/2 hour ago but he tooked our menu and walked away. The food not worth the price, we ordered the crab cake appetizer for 12$ and there were 2 each the size of a quarter! After we ate 4 drunks pushing each other at the bar kept bumping into our table! So I asked to speak with the manager. I'm like you need to control your drunks! The manager was apologetic but I still felt the place is out of control! Overall not enjoyable. I would expect this craziness at the thirsty whale but not at a restaurant were the meals are 30$ a plate.

• Visited August 2013