“very good all the way around”
Review of Plum Island Grille

Plum Island Grille
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great food and if there is ever anything wrong, they are happy to take care of you with a smile.
My husband and I have been there many times. We like there lunches, Sunday brunch and the dinners. I have gotten there mussels a few times. They cook them a couple of different ways, both very good.The last time I got them, they were very tiny. Like the size of my thumb NAIL. so they made me another plate of them, they were the same as the first plate. It seems it was a problem with the supplier. Wait staff and manager took care of me very quickly, all along being very apologetic, and gave me my dinner on the house. We have had very good soups , grilled fish, and hamburgers. I feel that the grilled fish is over priced, but very good. They also have live music at the Sunday brunch.
We that eat out,are spending a lot of money at restaurants and we should be honest with the wait staff, ( Always Nicely ) within reason.
They are at the corner of Plum Island Reservation. Nice place to see birds and the ocean.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with the other one star review written about this restaurant in verbatim.

The only good rating that I can give to this restaurant was for our waitress. The kitchen was VERY slow, mediocre food and extremely over priced.

I will not be back. It was a disappointing father's day meal.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had an early lunch here on Sun. 6/9/13. The restaurant doesn't have much parking of its own, and on this day it was especially tough because they had a private event in their side bldg. But we found a paid spot a few minutes' walk down the street. Food was excellent, though most of their plain grilled "catch of the day" specials were too expensive for lunch, we thought ($28-ish). I got the "moules/frites" (mussels Provencal-style with fries) and gluten-free hubby got chowder plus an omelet/salad/ fruit plate. Both very good, esp. the fries. Waitstaff and decor were very nice; only tiny complaint was that the A/C was positively GLACIAL. Thank heaven we had sweaters in the car. Anyway, great place to stop if you're on the island. Nice environment for a romantic couples' meal, too.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recommended by locals to have dinner and view the sunset. Oysters were fresh and were a good size. The mussels were from P.E.I. and were prepared in a white wine/garlic sauce which was delicious. My dinner companion had the swordfish special and ate everything! A thunderstorm was approaching and there wasn't a sunset. Will return to see it one day.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great food, not too crowded yet, good service and nice drinks. Key lime cheesecake could have been bigger. Consistently good restaurant.