“Good Takeout;Friendly Service”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed May 12, 2014

One can eat there as well with picnic benches both inside and out. Full selection of fresh seafood. On this visit I enjoyed a clam roll and a cup of clam chowder which were both delicious. I was renting a home on the water and was told by the locals that this was the place to go and they were right!
They also sell a wide assortment of fish, crab cakes, etc. to purchase and bring home to cook

1  Thank GaryT421

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We at here the Saturday before Mother's day for lunch. We were looking forward to this all week.
What a disappointment. My husband ordered clam chowder, I ordered lobster corn chowder. He said his was okay. My chowder was very watery with little bits of lobster in it. Couldn't taste it. We both ordered lobster rolls. Didn't know someone made half size hot dog rolls. It was the size of something you would have at a bridal or baby shower. The lobster was tasteless. We will never go back and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank MaryS001
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Not sure why there is only one other review of this restaurant showing up here as I am pretty sure I wrote a review of it a couple of years ago. Anyway……..this small, somewhat out of the way restaurant has picnic tables outside on the edge of the marsh and on a nice summer night you'll be hard pressed to get a seat at one. They serve boiled lobster, lobster rolls, and my favorite fish and shrimp tacos. I like the shrimp tacos and get them as take-out often since I live nearby. This is a no-frills place that also sells fresh seafood from a refrigerator case. Oh yes, and ice cream. There are a few in-the-rough type dining tables in a small room to the right of the entrance so you can dine in if you want. The complaint I had in my initial review is one I still have. The chips they serve are of poor quality as are the fries. One or the other of these is served with just about everything. Just changing to a quality potato chip and better french fry (how about offering the option of sweet potato fries for $1 more?) would make Bob Lobster worth going out of your way for. Because as is, It's like serving a great steak in a restaurant and bringing WonderBread in the bread basket. A missed opportunity to excel.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I don't like to give negative reviews but these guys don't even try.
The scallops plate consisted of two scallops sliced in to six thin over cooked slices coated with a heavy greasy breadcrumb.
The fried oysters were even worse- full of grit and tasted very fishy, could only eat one!
French fries were basically a potato shell full of grease, could only eat two or three.
It's a shame because my wife and I ate here a couple of years ago and it was good.
At $20 a plate it's not cheap.
Will not be going back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

great seafood and large varied menu. fantastic location on the water - everything was fresh. Short wait on line was well worth it!