With the one exception of the food, which was very nice, the Old Inn on the Green was a huge disappointment for my wife and I.
The absolutely shockingly poor service from everyone we encountered made this trip unpleasant. For the price of the inn we expected excellent treatment. What we got was the following:
- A rude, seemingly disinterested waiter who never once even bothered to check up on us to see how we were doing.
- No one around in the morning for breakfast! We sat in the dining room for 15 minutes and had a muffin from the table while waiting for someone to come and give us coffee - nobody ever came.
Besides the food - there is nothing else remarkable about this place. The building is very old (which is probably the draw for a lot of people, but that means certain things don't work well (like the shower)). Despite being in the beautiful Berkshires, the property has no view to speak of whatsoever. There are also no 'grounds' at the Inn - not even a bench (besides on the front porch) to sit outside.
If you want to stay on the property, there are only 2 places you can be - in your room or at the restaurant (the entire first floor is a restaurant).
Overall - save your money (this place is not cheap!) and go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn on the Green is the centerpiece of the historic and scenic village of New Marlborough. With authentically restored rooms, you'll feel like you've just stepped back in time to the tranquility of the eighteenth century. Our Inn preserves the understated elegance of classic decor, down to the tiny details, like a restaurant that is entirely lit by candle light. Escape with us to a serene and relaxing environment in one of our 11 rooms complete with wifi, a pool, and lounge areas for your enjoyment. Located just outside a broad cultural base, when you stay with us, you are a close to a variety of cultural institutions such as Norman Rockwell Museum, Clark Art Institute, and various natural wonders and trails. Join us for a meal in our cozy and intimate dining room with top quality cuisine by Chef Peter. We also have a newly renovated bar where you can have a drink by the glow of candle light and fireplace. When it's nice outside, dining is open on our canopied garden terrace in the back of the Inn. Your complete satisfaction and relaxation are our top priorities. Our friendly and accommodating staff is here to be sure that your stay is peaceful, and we can be your escape home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Old Inn on the Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn On The Green Hotel New Marlborough