“you pay for what you don't get”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gatineau, Canada
“you pay for what you don't get”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

hidden expensive fees ($2 local call??? insane, eh!?) one of the milk containers was expired, dirty pillow cover, TOO MUCH dust in the room. I had a terrible night because of the dust because am allergic and that's my main concern.
Other than that, everything else seemed normal for the price paid.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Needham-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your past Sheraton Needham experience. I am so sorry everything did not meet or exceed your expectations, as we strive to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me and I would love to create a personal profile with Starwood Preferred Guest. This personal profile with allow us to note your requests, likes, dislikes, as well as your allergies and personal need to ensure a true Sweet Sleeper experience.

Christopher.hartzell@starwoodhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Warwick
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We live in NE and topically book a hotel with a pool a few times during the winter months for our children to go swimming. The hotel was basic and seemed to be missing the finishing touches. The clientele staying here was a little low class. Each time we used the pool their were small groups of children around seven years old swimming unattended at the pool and at one point an elderly man stripped down to his underwair and climbed in the hot tub. Sheraton is usually a decent hotel chain and many of the issues I mentioned are not their fault but in the future we will pay more attention to the area around the hotel before booking.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post regaurding your past Sheraton Needham experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated enviorment but appologize for the experiences you had while in the pool. We do our best to keep control within our means and do our best with posting rules and regulations but unfortuanlty we fell short during your stay.

Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all, no real complaints, mostly comments relevant to most of American full service hotels. A bit out of the way, but served our party well.
My room was clean and serviced well by the hotel staff. The room was dated and the bed was way too soft for my tastes, but some like it that way. Bathroom was clean. Room did not have fridge or microwave...a constant irritant with full service American hotels. 3 star and lower hotels offer these conveniences but higher end hotels still cling to the outdated notion, that potential customers want these conveniences. The air conditioning unit allowed a lot of cold air into the room but to be fair, the room was facing the fierce snow/windstorm that the Boston area experienced one night.
I don't think anyone will be disappointed in this hotel, but in another 10 years this hotel like so many other big name, long standing premium hotels will be irrelevant.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your past Sheraton Needham experience. I am so sorry everything did not meet or exceed your personal tastes or expectations, as we strive our best to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me and I would love to create a personal profile with Starwood Preferred Guest, with your requests, likes and dislikes to ensure amazing experiences for future travels with us and other Starwood Hotels Worldwide.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here on business as it was near our client's office. The hotel itself was nice, though under construction. Unfortunately, there just isn't much in this area. Other than a Panera & 1 other dive-ish restaurant we couldn't find much to do. We ended up driving about 25 minutes to an area that had more restaurants. In the future I'd probably choose to commute to the office and stay closer to the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley M
Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your past Sheraton Needham experience. AS we do understand our location is not one with the best close nightlife’s, do keep in mind our Sheraton Social Hour and evening activities at the Link Lobby bar such as Wednesday nights STUMP Trivia. We also have our courtesy shuttle which is happy to take you to any desired location of your choice within a 6 mile radius which includes the MBTA Newton Highlands green Line station taking you into downtown Boston.

We look forward to connecting with you again in the near future.

Union
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Architecturally this hotel was very nice. The public spaces were large and nicely designed- Good areas to unwind and relax or watch TV- The room we had- King- was well appointed, with a large couch and work area- THe amenities were new and well cared for.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the lowest level- We ended up staying on the half level up from the lobby- no...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Garry F, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you very much for the feedback you provided us from your recent stay at the Sheraton Needham Hotel. We are delighted to have met your expectations. Our Team is committed to delivering exceptional customer service, and exceeding each and every one of our guest’s expectations, from the reservation process, to departure. We hope you again will choose the Sheraton Needham Hotel the next time you travel to the greater Boston area. Should there be anything we can do in advance to make your travel plans more convenient, and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to call us at 781 444 1110 and speak with the front desk, where we will do everything in our power to accommodate your requests.

Garry S. Fiore
Front Office Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Really comfortable room and very friendly staff. It is quite close to many places to eat. Nice amenities such as pool and gym. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your past Sheraton Needham experience. We are thrilled you had a true connection with the staff and our newly renovated property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and will be sure to add your room location request to your profile.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Pros:
Quiet, clean rooms
Food in the restaurant is good but not great

Cons:
Workout facilities give incorrect hours of operation (they are open
before 7 AM despite posted signs)

Things I appreciated:
I left my razor charger plugged in to the wall socket when I left -- they shipped it to me the next day.

Major issues:
My bill was incorrect. They tacked a $42 food charge from another room to my bill. This happens, but it was obvious to them that the charge was from another room when they looked at the receipt.

I had to leave for the airport at 4:30 A.M. The hot water took 15 minutes to start flowing for my shower. I talked to another guest, and this wasn't a unique occurrence.

Laundry service is not available in any form on the weekend, and they only offer dry cleaning service during the week. I ended up having to call a local laundry service to handle my laundry. If you aren't going to offer laundry service over the weekend, you could at least mention a local shop that picks up at the hotel, rather than making me find it.

Room Tip: The hot water is apparently less consistent on the side of the hotel with the workout room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the feedback you provided us from your recent stay at the Sheraton Needham Hotel. We value the opinion and comments of each and every one of our guests. Without the feedback, we are unable to grow as a team. I trust the incorrect bill was rectified to your satisfaction. Should you need laundry service during your next stay with us, please approach a member of the front desk team and we will gladly make the necessary arrangements for you. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. If you would like to discuss the opportunities you experienced with me further, please contact me at garry.fiore@sheraton.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Needham community in the near future!

Garry S. Fiore
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!