“A quick but delightful stop....”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been to the Sheraton- Needham a few times because my Dad was a resident at North Hill and the hotel is just down the road. This trip I arrived solo for one night and was delighted with the renovations when I walked into the lobby. The service from the front desk was terrific and I was in my room in no time! Beautiful, clean room with great care taken to provide top-notch amenities for tired travelers. I wandered around the hotel and checked out the pool and fitness room. Very impressive!
My only suggestions for your next do-over would be: queen beds to replace the doubles and bath mats for the tub, which is slippery for those of us post-60.
And, either get rid of the $10. charge for garage-parking or have the front desk staff advise customers that there is also free outdoor parking. I would have used it and am always irked at the garage fee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hello Francia,

Thnk you for choosing Sheraton Needham and for taking the time to provide feeback. I am glad that you were pleased with the renovations and that the service met your expectations. Your suggestion about the queen beds is a good one and I will defiantely keep that in mind when we buy new beds.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am from western Canada and recently spent a few days at this hotel for a workshop i attended. When i checked into my room i found i was surrounded by several middle school kids also there for some sort of event. Being jet lagged and tired i asked if perhaps i could be moved to a floor away from the students as i knew they were young, noisy and having fun....i wanted quiet and sleep! Immediately i was accomodated and given another room. The rooms are lovely, very comfortable beds, the restaurant was excellent and overall it was a very good experience. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello Renita,

I am glad you shared your concerns and that we were immediately able to rectify the issue during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and i look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Easy check in, great helpful friendly staff, good food menu and great wine selection.
Stayed here whenever in the area, would definately recommend. Always use this hotel whenever in the area. Added extra free shuttle bus to local locations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Rocky,

Sounds like you are a fan of our Sheraton Social hour featuring 90+ rated wine spectator wines. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Needham hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I arrived from Boston Logan airport by way of the MBTA (Sliver line to Green line, exiting at Needham Heights). I had called the front desk shortly before arricing, and Charlie confirmed that someone would be at the MBTA stop to meet me. Ernie, the hotel shuttle driver, picked me up promptly (which was nice in the rainstorm), and delivered me right to the hotel. Charlie and a colleague at the front desk handled the checkin very nicely.

When I needed to make a purchase, Ernie was able to drive me to a shopping area, and retrieved me again after the shopping.

The room was comfortable, the area around the hotel very nice.

It would be nice to have an accessible walking path from the hotel to other locations, but even without that, the stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Mike,

Ernie & Charlie are great ambassadors for the Sheraton Needham team as them exemplify guest service by always trying to exceed guest expectations. We do have a path leading down to the highland avenue which is behind the garage but we need to do a better job with directional signage and my team is working on that. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights ago after scoring this hotel on Priceline. Check in was a breeze.The room was your average sized room with a very comfortable bed.The room was clean. I didn't get a chance to eat here nor did I use any of its amenities. The hotel is a 20-25 minute ride to Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank butterhead

Dear Guest,

I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would definitely stay here again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

As we were staying for a week in the area, we checked out Tripadvisor and based on reviews we booked through Expedia from the Tripadvisor site. We got "Club Access Room" which is located on the top 5th floor which is only accessible from the elevator by your room key. Rooms on this floor have a buffet breakfast which usually included scrambled eggs, sausages, hot and cold cereal, pastries, bagels. coffee, juice. It is all self serve and there is a lounge with tables set up. We found this very handy and not too bad for a buffet. They also had evening appetisers which we went to a few times. All this was included in the cost of the room. If you wanted wine in the evening it was extra. It was good to have this right on the floor and avoided the often large and sometimes noisy groups in the dining area on the first floor.The staff were very helpful, including when I was being charged for parking when my reservation said it was included with the Club Access Room. I showed them the reservation (make sure you print out and bring the reservation info!) and all the charges were taken off. My internet was also included. I think all these extras were worth the price for the room. The large room had a very comfortable king bed with a sofa, desk, and bureau. The one sink bath was adequate. All in all we were very happy and would definetly come back when in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are by special access and have breakfast buffet and appetisers included on th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you found the club access a great value add and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was initially upset when I realized that we had to stay at this hotel (b/c of Priceline's Name Your Own Price bidding), but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The front desk staff were very pleasant and the hotel looked modern in the lobby areas. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel provided complimentary bottled water in the room. The only downside is: no free WIFI! This day and age, every hotel should provide free WiFi for guests!

We only stayed here for one night, as we were attending a wedding in Franklin, MA...but our stay was great and no major complaints. The hotel is near several restaurants and stores: Panera, Staples, Petco, etc. Needham is a quiet town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the building are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ki82

Dear Guest,

Sounds like we were able to successfully change your perception of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Wi-Fi is complimentary and we do charge for higher bandwidth when needing to stream video.

Gurki

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!