“Excellent Customer Service; great hotel”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service; great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am from western Canada and recently spent a few days at this hotel for a workshop i attended. When i checked into my room i found i was surrounded by several middle school kids also there for some sort of event. Being jet lagged and tired i asked if perhaps i could be moved to a floor away from the students as i knew they were young, noisy and having fun....i wanted quiet and sleep! Immediately i was accomodated and given another room. The rooms are lovely, very comfortable beds, the restaurant was excellent and overall it was a very good experience. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hello Renita,

I am glad you shared your concerns and that we were immediately able to rectify the issue during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and i look forward to your next visit with us.

Gurki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Easy check in, great helpful friendly staff, good food menu and great wine selection.
Stayed here whenever in the area, would definately recommend. Always use this hotel whenever in the area. Added extra free shuttle bus to local locations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Rocky,

Sounds like you are a fan of our Sheraton Social hour featuring 90+ rated wine spectator wines. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Needham hope to see you back in the near future.

Loveland, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I arrived from Boston Logan airport by way of the MBTA (Sliver line to Green line, exiting at Needham Heights). I had called the front desk shortly before arricing, and Charlie confirmed that someone would be at the MBTA stop to meet me. Ernie, the hotel shuttle driver, picked me up promptly (which was nice in the rainstorm), and delivered me right to the hotel. Charlie and a colleague at the front desk handled the checkin very nicely.

When I needed to make a purchase, Ernie was able to drive me to a shopping area, and retrieved me again after the shopping.

The room was comfortable, the area around the hotel very nice.

It would be nice to have an accessible walking path from the hotel to other locations, but even without that, the stay was very comfortable.

Hi Mike,

Ernie & Charlie are great ambassadors for the Sheraton Needham team as them exemplify guest service by always trying to exceed guest expectations. We do have a path leading down to the highland avenue which is behind the garage but we need to do a better job with directional signage and my team is working on that. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.

NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights ago after scoring this hotel on Priceline. Check in was a breeze.The room was your average sized room with a very comfortable bed.The room was clean. I didn't get a chance to eat here nor did I use any of its amenities. The hotel is a 20-25 minute ride to Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank butterhead
Dear Guest,

I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would definitely stay here again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

As we were staying for a week in the area, we checked out Tripadvisor and based on reviews we booked through Expedia from the Tripadvisor site. We got "Club Access Room" which is located on the top 5th floor which is only accessible from the elevator by your room key. Rooms on this floor have a buffet breakfast which usually included scrambled eggs, sausages, hot and cold cereal, pastries, bagels. coffee, juice. It is all self serve and there is a lounge with tables set up. We found this very handy and not too bad for a buffet. They also had evening appetisers which we went to a few times. All this was included in the cost of the room. If you wanted wine in the evening it was extra. It was good to have this right on the floor and avoided the often large and sometimes noisy groups in the dining area on the first floor.The staff were very helpful, including when I was being charged for parking when my reservation said it was included with the Club Access Room. I showed them the reservation (make sure you print out and bring the reservation info!) and all the charges were taken off. My internet was also included. I think all these extras were worth the price for the room. The large room had a very comfortable king bed with a sofa, desk, and bureau. The one sink bath was adequate. All in all we were very happy and would definetly come back when in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor are by special access and have breakfast buffet and appetisers included on th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you found the club access a great value add and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was initially upset when I realized that we had to stay at this hotel (b/c of Priceline's Name Your Own Price bidding), but I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The front desk staff were very pleasant and the hotel looked modern in the lobby areas. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel provided complimentary bottled water in the room. The only downside is: no free WIFI! This day and age, every hotel should provide free WiFi for guests!

We only stayed here for one night, as we were attending a wedding in Franklin, MA...but our stay was great and no major complaints. The hotel is near several restaurants and stores: Panera, Staples, Petco, etc. Needham is a quiet town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the building are nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ki82
Dear Guest,

Sounds like we were able to successfully change your perception of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Wi-Fi is complimentary and we do charge for higher bandwidth when needing to stream video.

Deep Creek Lake, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I visit the Needham, MA from MD every year for business and would never stay anywhere else. For 12 years I've found this hotel excellent in every way-- the staff, the furnishings, the food. Wonderful attentiveness and care for my special needs, including their great shuttle available for transport anywhere in the area. I love the shuttle drivers-- they are helpful and very friendly. It warms my heart when they remember me year after year, and are genuinely kind and interested. The front desk staff was professional and efficient--especially when I had unusual requests.

Highly reccomend their fantastic breakfast in the club room for members-- can't be beat.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your continued patronage over the past two years. I know you have choices and I appreciate it that we are your hotel of choice. If there is anything I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com

Gurki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#8 of 11 in Waltham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!