“Great stay, friendly staff”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Great stay, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton in Needham as an alternative to staying in Boston. The staff were very professional, polite, and helped me in any way I needed. The food was good; I ate there every night for dinner. You can really tell it's a good place to stay when you talk to other guests staying there. I chatted up a few people and everyone had a great time - no complaints. The rooms were clean, had all of the standard accommodations and the cleaning staff did a great job.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Greg,

Thank you for your glowing review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I really do believe I have a great team here supporting the newly renovated product and they are constantly striving to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gurki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was disappointed with my stay here. It's not a cheap hotel, yet the beds were very small, there was no fan/exhaust in the bathroom. They have the nerve to charge you $10 per night to park your car in their garage! You need a car to get to this hotel in the middle of no where, how can you possibly charge a fee! They give you free light browsing wifi for 24 hrs. only regardless of how long you stay. Also their buffet breakfast which is the smallest buffet I've seen is $16. If I'm ever in the area again (hopefully I won't be) I will try to find another place if there is any.

Room Tip: The beds are way too small, see if they offer queen sized beds in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank momto3longisland
Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with the value you received during your stay. We do offer only two bed types King or doubles and do not offer queen beds. We do offer complimentary WIFI for length of stay. I have shared your feedback about the breakfast offerings with my Chef and we will revisit the offerings.

I do recognize that you have multiple options in the market and I would love to win you back to try us again and would therefore like to personally follow up with you . I would appreciate it if you would e-mail me at gurkirat,singh@sheraton.com so that i can reach out to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed in the Sheraton Needham Hotel every few months over the last several years. Every time that I stay there I feel like a VIP. The staff is courteous, helpful and truly caring. I have stayed in many different hotels in the Boston area and while they are lovely hotels none of them ever seem to compare to the excellence Sheraton Needham. Thank you Charlie, Ellie, and Ernie for taking that extra step in customer service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank fitness1201
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our superheroes Charlie, Ellie & Ernie who are true ambassadors for the hotel and are always looking to exceed guest expectations. I hope we will continue being your home away from home and if I can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com

MA
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a graduation. Wonderful helpful staff, nice rooms, very quiet and comfortable. A/C not noisy, worked well. Newly renovated. Air systems were fresh and clean. Recommend highly!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonIrishRose
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us over the graduation weekend and for recommending us. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay and the interactions with our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Located in the heart of Needham's Truck Rental and Antenna District, this is not my first pick but the company sent me here due to the rate. If you're paranoid about antennas or microwaves, this is not the place for you. Sleep is mediocre - it appears that the a/c only works "auto", not the white-noise constant-fan setting that some TripAdvisors have helpfully suggested. Some inter-room noise but it's not a big party destination. Gym is modest but has free weights to 50 lbs which is great for travelers. Few restaurants you can walk to, I ate inside each night and loved the "torched salmon salad". ** OK, two gems if you are here: You can RENT A CANOE about 3/4 mile away and canoe on the beautiful Charles River. (Seasonal, always call ahead for availability and pricing for you or your group). Secondly, about 3/4 mile away is a beautiful pond with a nice, wide (read: no poison ivy/oak slapping you) running trail around it. Bring your GPS - the trail forks frequently and pulling a Robert Frost here is a bad idea. The area is wooded so I would not recommend it to women alone, but I saw several pairs of women walking together. No T access, situated just south of the Mass Pike, easy access to Rte 128. Parking $10/day for guests so plan on that. Surprisingly poppin' night life in the lobby, even if you factor out the groups all hanging out together. Pool is bigger than most, you might be able to pull off laps. Runners should note that ice falls from local antenna wires.

2 Thank Dadda404
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the in-depth review and I do get a lot of positive feedback about the salmon salad and I am glad that you enjoyed it as well. I am sure the travelers who read this review will be appreciative of you sharing the two gems. We also provide complimentary Sheraton Shuttle service to the T- stations or the commuter rail. Both the stations are a 5 min shuttle ride away from the hotel and provide an ease hassle free means of going in to Boston.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed for one night on Business, could have stayed longer.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the bed was fantastic and all in all very clean. The free shuttle service in the local area was very helpful and booked through the Hotel Reception.

My stay here was brief, so I didn’t get a chance to try out the food or any of the other hotel amenities.

1 Thank 597marcg
Dear Guest,

Looks like you really enjoyed our sweet sleeper beds which were created by the brand meeting 5 diamond criteria. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed as Hotel is near the company HQ - note - its a good 40 mins drive to the city / Airport. Free shuttle in the local area is very useful

Recently renovated - rooms spacious, beds fantastic ( Sheraton Sweet Sleeper), gym has all the basic's, running track nearby along the Charles River.

Stayed twice in the last month - wouldnt stay again.

The food is where this hotel is let down - uninspiring, badly presented & tasteless. not many food options around if you dont have a car - so be warned. Wine selection is good - based on wine spectator awards - If the hotel can fix the food they are certainly will have a winning combination of a great sleep & good food.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators for a quite rest
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KiwiNZExplorer
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very candid feedback, looks like the renovations were well received by you. The social hour featuring the 90+ rated wine spectator wines has been a hit with the guests and a great value add. Your feedback about menu selections is also valuable to us as it allows us to adapt to customer feedback. We are constantly making changes to the menu and adding specials. Some of the promotions we have in pace are Tuesday: $ 5 flatbreads paired with $8 Flight of social hour wines of your choice, Wednesdays: Flight of microbrews with 25 cent Jamaican wings, Weekends: $29 pre fix 3 course menu. I am open to suggestions and can be reached at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com

Gurki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
Crescent Suites Hotel
#7 of 11 in Waltham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!