“When I am in Boston, you can find me here...”

Sheraton Needham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been traveling to the Boston area for business on a regular basis for the past several years. During my numerous such trips, I have always stayed at Sheraton Needham except when rooms were sold out for my travel dates. The location of the hotel is very close to my client's office and provides quick and easy access to I-95/128 and Masspike. All rooms in the hotel have been recently upgraded along with all other amenities. The staff is friendly and service is excellent. I don't always have the breakfast, but whenever I have had it, it was good. I will be back next week.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the vote of confidence and I love the tag line "When I am in Boston, you can find me here". Thank you for your continued patronage and if I can be of any assistance to you during any of your future stays with us please do not hesitate to contact me at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

After receiving a personal invitation to return to the hotel, by the manager (who seems to read and respond to Trip Advisor reviews), I found lots of hot water and a very pleasant stay. This hotel is the best location for the 128/95 area easy on and off the highway and close to the Mass Pike into and out of Boston.

I will be back.

Room Tip: There are great rooms on the 5th floor if you have upgrade access. Free WiFI as well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello Mark,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if there is anything I can assist with pls do not hesitate to e-mail me at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. Very close to a meeting we attended. Almost persuaded to take the Internet, parking and breakfast package but luckily found out there was complimentary Internet in the rooms, adequate breakfast at the cafe and there were plenty parking spaces outside the hotel's garages saving $30-40 a night. Room was comfortable but disappointed that milk and teas were not replaced daily. Probably would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello Kirstine,

Hope you had a safe trip back to LA and thank you for choosing us during your visit to Boston. I am glad that you found the room clean, modern and to your liking. Our guests enjoy the complementary Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea offered in all our guest rooms & I am sorry that your tea was not replenished in the rooms during your stay and I have addressed this with the room attendant. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Based on the recent reviews posted, Sheraton seems to have gone through a phase of renovation. I stayed for a day for Sheraton Needham in March and I was given a room with 2 double bed. The room was very big and clean, but it feels very dated still. I've stayed in the hotel pre-renovation, so I can't compare much.

The location is only good for business travellers since there are a number of offices located around the hotel. But it's 30 min drive from Boston Downtown and probably cost you about USD50 to get from the hotel to Boston downtown.

I probably wouldn't return to stay in this hotel unless I'm left without a choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We just completed our renovation in Jan 2013. The renovation was a complete guest room. funtion rooms and lobby renovatin. The scope in the guest rooms invoved demolition to the studs followed by installion of new tubs, new tile tub surrounds, new tile floor, new vanity top, new fixturer, new closets with Sheraton signature wood closet doors, in room safes, all new furnishing, carpet, lights, 37" flat screen HD T.V., jack pack for guests connect their mobile devices to the T.V. and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. So you can imagine my surprise with your comment about the dated product, I would love to get more feedback and I can be reached at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

In regards to location we are conveniently located off highway 128/ 95 as well as route 9. We also offer a complimentary 5 minute Sheraton Shuttle ride to the T- station in Newton or the Commuter rail in Needham for easy access to Boston.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over one night and had an above average experience.

The staff are friendly and responsive, the rooms met expectations, and the restaurant/bar was great.

There isn't much of a lobby, as it quickly transitions to the restaurant, but the open concept works.

It wasn't very busy when I was there, but if there ever was a line, this might be a problem.

Parking is $10 per night which is a a bit steep. I always believe that parking should be included, but whatever.

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello Medicaaron,

Thank you for choosing us. I know you have many options but in my very biased opinion we are the best and definately the newest product on the 128 belt. As you mentioned we provide fresh/ clean/ modern accomodations supported by a very friendly/ professional staff. I am glad you like the new layout of the lobby comprising of our Link Cafe, Bar & Grab &Go. We have not had any issues with lines as there are 100 plus seats for our guests to relax, network, enjoy a meal or just catch up with work or family on the Link powered by microsoft 8 computers. We do charge for our covered parking which is a big plus given the severe winter storms and we do offer rates which include parking. We try to be midfull of the fact that not everyone drives so not all rates are inclusive of parking.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with a future stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I just returned from a one week stay at this hotel. I've stayed in this hotel several times since 2005 and have experienced the GREAT renovation in all areas. Lobby and social areas are really nice and clean. My room was spacious and CLEAN. In terms of the staff, Everyone was friendly and helpful. Prior my arrival Charlie helped me schedule my stay in a very efficient and personalized way. Upon arrival, Ernie who is the concierge-shuttle driver helped me to get my way around. Ann who works in the executive office was very helpful . All the ladies at the front desk, personnel at the restaurant/bar were very efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel. To any friend going to MA.
The lobby is equipped with a state of the art computer area with printer facility that helps a lot. I am looking forward to my next visit!
My only observation id that the elevator could be a bit better to be according to the huge renovation the hotel have been thru.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 435 very quiet and nice room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hello Raquel,

Hope you had a safe trip back to Santo Damingo. Thank you for your feedback on Anne, Charlie & Ernie, they are superstars and get mentioned offten for going above and beyond. I am lucky to have a very passionate and engaged team who are always tring to exceed guest expectaions. Sounds like you like out brand new Link with the state of art Microsoft 8 touch screen terminals avaible to all our guests complimentary to stay in touch with work or family while enjoying a starbucks coffee or a glass of 90+ rated wine spectator wines from out link cafe. In regards to your observation about the elevator you are correct they need to be modernized and that has started. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Needham for 2 nights as I was taking the CFP exam at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-95 and a short drive to the center of town. The front desk staff was gracious and accommodating upon my arrival, even calling my room after I checked in to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. The room was modern and clean, with spectacular prints of Boston in the bed and bathrooms. I had dinner at the bar both nights, and the same bartender was on duty both nights. She was funny and engaging, and checked on the status of the exam each time I saw her. The meeting room itself was private and quiet, the perfect environment for such a rigorous test. Thank you for a comfortable room, helpful staff, good food and a quiet meeting room! The perfect environment for passing my exam!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sure that taking the CFP exam is stressful and we take our responsibility of providing a relaxing environment during the two days of testing very seriously. I am sure you did great in the exam and we have the pleasure up toasting your success in our Link Cafe & Bar.

Gurki

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Boston Marriott Newton
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
4 mi away
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
The Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!