“Not bad, not great” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Not bad, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel isnt bad, but its not the best Sheraton I've stayed at in my life. The lobby has a great deal of energy and people were always enjoying it and having fun. The rooms were also nice, with a couch and a nice TV. The room service was prompt too - something you don't see too often. Overall - I enjoyed my stay and will be back. The service was always with a smile and the team worked hard to earn my respect.

I found the front desk to be a bit slow, but that seemed to be more of an IT issue than a service issue. The room service menu isnt bad, general burgers and salads - but did not blow me away. The lounge here needed a bit of work. There was no soda's in the fridge, something I would expect from a lounge. The parking garage is very annoying, especially for luggage and getting to your car day in and day out.

Overall, I will be back sometime in the near future and appreciate the accommodations the staffed showed me in Needham.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,

Having read your review, sounds like you enjoyed the atmosphere in our newly renovated re-conceptualized Lobby & Link Cafe. As you pointed out that the lobby has energy as we want to provide all out guests an environment where they can relax and re-connect with their work or families using the state of art link computers or working on your mobile device while enjoying a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. I am also pleased that our phenomenal staff went out of their way to exceed your expectations. Your comments about adequately stocking sodas in the club lounge is duly noted as well. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gurki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business because it's convenient in terms of location. The recent renovation has definitely made a difference in the overall feel -- there's a nice looking bar now in the lobby, for example. I can understand why other reviewers have said this is just an average hotel and that it's overpriced, but it IS the only game in town. That's supply and demand, folks! I booked a rate that included parking and Wi-Fi, so I felt I got a good deal all things considered. Yes, it's on a hill, and the parking deck is a bit of a pain. Room service was average. But the rooms are spotless, the beds are really comfortable (woke up without back pain for the first time ages), and the staff could not be more welcoming and accommodating, which is why I'm giving this the extra "bubble."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the very candid feedback. I do feel we have a modern, updated, clean product which is supported by great service culture and sounds like you agree and had an enjoyable stay. Our sweet sleeper beds are truly the hidden gem as they are built to 5 diamond AAA specs and are the key to having an enjoyable night of sleep. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and had my first post-renovation stay this week. Kudos to the owners - it was a job well done. The lobby is much more welcoming, the rooms are clean and modern, and the hallways are bright and tastefully decorated. My room was still on the smaller side, but this hotel is a real nice value if you are doing business in the area, or just want to stay outside of downtown. One suggestion - I would like to see healthier snack options in the lobby shop.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your glowing endorsement of the renovations, we are very excited of the new product as well. In regards to your suggestion of offering healthier options in the snack shop I am happy to say that we now have opened the grab and go option in the Lobby Link Cafe where you can grab multiple healthy offering like breakfast bars, yogurt parfaits, fruit cups, assortment of salads along with assortment of Starbucks coffee offering.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in January 2013. Our room was large and comfortable, with a pullout couch in addition to a comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and helpful, and gave us advice in finding our way on foot, as well as calling us a taxi at the end of our stay. Looking forward to another visit in the future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Elilip,

Thank you for choosing us and I am thrilled to hear that you & your husband enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out all our rooms are spacious and newly renovated and all the rooms with king beds have a pull out sofa which is well received by our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the near future.

Sharon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Right through the 2 ft. snowstorm the staff was exceptional. Even though they were working double and triple shifts they remained courteous and helpful, doing everything they could to make our stay comfortable and pleasant.. They brightened our stay in the midst of terrible weather. Of special note were Caroline Gatura and Charles Feeley of the Front Desk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello Natan,

Thank you for staying with us during Blizzard Neno. We do have a great staff, so thank you for acknowledging their efforts. Caroline & Charlie are our front desk leaders and they set the tone for our service culture.

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A conference I was attending was re-located to the Sheraton Needham Hotel from a nearby site when a blizzard warning was issued this past weekend. Previously, the hotel was only being used to house some of the participants. The hotel staff bent over backwards to accommodate all of our requests at the last minute, even with a skeleton staff because of the snow. I have never received such service at a hotel. The rooms were fresh, immaculate and newly renovated. The only reasons I would not give a five star rating--the restaurant is small and the food just adequate, and the parking garage is not attached to the hotel. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi Kerry,

I am glad you had a successful conference and it was our pleasure to be able to accommodate the meeting after the relocation due to the Blizzard. I am really proud of my team because they did a great job during a very stressful Blizzard especially given the driving ban which limited our ability to get additional staff in to a sold out hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were without electricity due to H. Sandy. After 2 days & no end in sight to when electricity would be restored, we checked into the Sheraton Needham Hotel. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. They put a large refrigerator in our room so that we could bring the food from home & prevent spoilage. The room tho small was very comfortable. The bed was great, a king-size. We did not eat dinner in the hotel I did have breakfast before work & nothing special but good. They gave me complimentary WiFi.
Best part of this whole experience was the hotel staff. When we did get electricity the next day, they allowed us to check out late & only charged us the 1 day rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Edward,

Loosing electricity is tough especially when not knowing for how long. I am glad we were able to offer some comfort during this stressful time. I have a great team and I am glad you got to experience their enthusiastic & dedicated efforts first hand.

Gurki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
3.5 of 5 stars 821 reviews

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!