“It all taste the same...........”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fuji Steak House

Fuji Steak House
Ranked #16 of 64 Restaurants in Needham
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“It all taste the same...........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

We recently went here to try the Hibachi the chef was cool with all his flames and tricks when cooking and the portion was good....BUT they use the same sauce on everything the steak, the chicken the fish etc...and the sauce is strong flavored and extremely high in sodium. The lady sitting next to me said " I am going to swell up tonight when I get home from all this sodium". I would say take your blood pressure in double dose before eating. I did not try the sushi it looked good, but I will not be returning to pricey and the decor is poor as well.....Oh ya the service I asked for chop sticks 3 times and gave up after that...

• Visited December 2011

Bel Air, Maryland
“Holy Cucumber”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

This evening I picked up sushi to go from Fuji. It was nicely packages and ready when I arrived. The man at the counter was encouraging another customer to bring his kids in for hibatchi which I thought was very nice. As far as price goes, it seemed to be about average for sushi. The wasabi was extremely spicy - I happen to like it this way, but it is amazing how wasabi varies from venue to venue. The rolls were average but loaded with cucumber. I like cucumber as well but I think they put way too much cucumber inside to fill the rolls. Definite overkill.

Overall, I enjoyed the meal but i am not in any hurry to go back again.

• Visited December 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Nice place, sometime crowed on weekend - good sushi and entertainment

• Visited October 2011
Wellesley, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

The service was beyond awful. My child like to eat the seaweed paper that sushi is wrapped in. When we asked the waitress if we could get some, she said, "No!". Then we talked to the manager and he was nice and got us a few sheets. When my children wanted more the waitress said it would be $1 for 3 piece. That was fine with us. We did not expect to get it for free. She brought over 2 pieces. So my children went to the sushi bar and asked for another piece. The person working there say, "You have to give me $2.00!" My 7 year old does not carry cash. I did talk with the manager after the meal and expressed my displeasure and later he called my friend to apologize, and offered her a gift certificate, but spending over $130.00 for a ruined meal. The call was to little to late.

• Visited October 2011
Newton, MA
“overpriced and not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We have been going to this place for a few years now. The kids like the cooking show and the gold fish pond. The food is at or below average for a Japanese steak house and the service is downright lousy. The waitresses are all Chinese and not familiar with the standard of service as a waitress. They throw stuff at you and act annoyed if you ask for something a little out of the ordinary. If it's busy, they will literally push you out the door as soon as you finish eating by cleaning up every single piece of utensil and plate around you. The managers are nice enough but the wait staff leaves this place short of desirable. The food is just OK, definitely not worth the prices on the menu.

• Visited September 2011