“Superb Value for Families (and Gluten free as well)!”
Review of Stone Hearth Pizza - CLOSED

Stone Hearth Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Family Pizzeria restaurant in the heart of Needham, MA. Focusing in Local produce, hormone free meats. Craft beer and hand selected wines. Gluten free menu available.
York, Maine
“Superb Value for Families (and Gluten free as well)!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here with 2 of our children who attend local colleges, and it was really fabulous. We had expected to eat at another restaurant nearby, but upon hearing there was a 1 1/2 hour wait, our daughter suggested Stone Hearth Pizza.

The atmosphere was definitely family oriented, but we weren't expecting a fine dining experience, so that was not an issue. The service was friendly and prompt, and we were seated within 5 minutes! The menu features apps (we didn't have any), salads, pizza's, panini's, and stromboli's.

We had a chopped salad which was really excellent; fresh greens, sliced mozzarella (the real stuff), bits of bacon, egg, and lightly dressed with a balsamic vinagrette. It was healthy sized and very good.

On the table for entrees we had a whole grain pizza, a gluten free pasta dish with vodka sauce, a meatball panini, and a meatlovers stromboli (mine). They were all shared around and all exceptional. My wife is gluten free and had a beer (Bard' Tale) and the pasta with vodka sauce which she pronounced, 'Delicious'! The only dessert of the evening was a gluten free chocolate brownie and it was like a fantastically tasty molten lava flourless chocolate torte - just great.

The bill for drinks, salads, entrees, dessert and coffee came to just over $62 - A phenomenal value for great food and a nice atmosphere to have dinner with the grown kids!

• Visited February 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Stay Away”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This restaurant displayed unsanitary practices when I was there recently. Although I'm sure they've corrected the problem and I've heard rave reviews about their food, my one and only time in the restaurant was not pleasant. I witnessed something quite disturbing with the chef (it's a wide open kitchen), and I didn’t feel that the staff I raised the concern with took appropriate action at the time. I’ve heard they were taking action go-forward but I can’t recommend this restaurant after my experience there…

• Visited December 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gluten-free pizza delivery!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Finally! Pizza that both my wife and I can eat. My wife is gluten-intolerant, so pizza is generally off the menu. Stone Hearth makes gluten-free pizza with local and organic ingredients.

The 4 cheese pizza was the best, and Hawaiian style was also quite good. The buffalo chicken pizza, however, wasn't very good (too much blue cheese and nothing tasting of bluffalo sauce).

We ordered delivery and the people on the phone were exceedingly nice and accommodating. Delivery time was an average 45 minutes.

We will definitely be ordering Stone Hearth again.

Harrisville, NH
“Fresh locally grown ingredients, excellent light fare”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I am a longtime resident of Needham. I regard Stone Hearth as my primary lunch and often dinner spot. The menus is not extensive, but nobody does salads, pannini, and certain pasta dishes any better. I especially like the Caesar salad (lightly dressed), and the Chicken Bianco sandwich. The macaroni and cheese can't be beat, and they make a chicken and spinach dish in a white cheese sauce that is superb. The waitstaff and chefs are very friendly. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2011
Boston
“Best salads in area”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

For a casual pizza place, I gave Stone Hearth in Needham a "4" because the salads are hands down the best I've had almost anywhere - very fresh ingredients and good portion size. They also have a good selection of local New England micro brews, and the choice of ordering a whole wheat pizza. The crust is very thin on thier pizzas, which I prefer. Avoid kids-eat-free night (unless you have young kids of course) as it is packed.