“Great place for dinner”
Review of Blue on Highland

Blue on Highland
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue on Highland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 66 Restaurants in Needham
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark Lee
Transit: MBTA Needham Heights train stop
Florida
“Great place for dinner”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Food is great -- wine by glass is pricey. Room decor is really quite beautiful. Service is excellent.

Visited August 2014

Boston
“Suburban dining with an Urban feel”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Four different dishes (two pasta dishes, chicken piccata, and a lobster roll) - all excellently prepared and enjoyed by each diner. The lobster roll had large chunks of lobster meat but just a few too many diced onions for my taste, but reasonable. I would rather have my lobster roll without onions but this was an excellent roll. The meals, with side salads extra, were filling so we passed on dessert. The music started out loud but when asked, the waiter turned the volume down. It was a pleasant dining experience.

Visited August 2014
cohasset
“One of our Favorite Local Restaurants”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Blue on Highland has never disappointed us. This is a casual, friendly restaurant with excellently prepared food and wonderful service. You can order burgers, salads, or upscale entrees, so there is always something for everyone. It is equally good on a weeknight or for dinner with friends on a Saturday evening. When the windows are open to the street during the summer, it has the feel of an outdoor café. During the winter, it is cozy and warm. We love the mussels, salads, and chef specials. The food always tastes fresh and is simply prepared. The wait staff is respectful and friendly. The wine/ cocktail list is appropriate, and fairly priced.

We never feel rushed, but service is attentive. One of my pet peeves at other restaurants is when servers remove plates before all parties have finished their meals. In general, the staff at Blue are respectful of diners and wait patiently for all to finish or give a sign to remove their plate.

I enjoy excellent restaurants from a "foodie" perspective. However, at times, I often find that certain chefs try too hard and the quality of the food becomes lost in the over-preparation and combination of unlikely ingredients. I frequently enjoy my meals at Blue more then the trendier places. I highly recommend this restaurant. It is consistently good, the service is excellent, and it is convenient.

Visited June 2014
Needham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot for Needham”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've gone to Blue on Highland several times recently and I really enjoy it! The drinks were delicious as were all the dishes I've tried. The burger is excellent - as is the thai steak salad. It's wonderful that they also open up the front of the restaurant during the summer - it almost felt like we were sitting outside!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Susan0120
Needham, Massachusetts
“Guac a Surprise!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for a light meal and a fun drink. We really enjoyed the Pomegranate Cosmo and the Margarita along with the yummy bread and dipping sauces. Then we had the Guacamole. You wouldn't think this would be a guac place but a very generous portion of yummy guac was delivered in the traditional stone molcajete (the heavy thing they use to serve guac). We then had the scallops appetizer and the wedge salad. Everything was wonderful and the service was great. Thanks for a nice night out. :-)

• Visited July 2014