“Boston quality in the burbs”
Review of Blue on Highland

Blue on Highland
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue on Highland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Needham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark Lee
Transit: MBTA Needham Heights train stop
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We eat here at least three to four times per year. The service, food and drink are always great. Good bar scene on Thursday nights and during football season it is great to grab a drink here on Monday nights.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great place to go out with a friend for an end-of-day glass of wine and a shared plate of parmesan fries with a truffle-chive dipping sauce. mmmmm!!!

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I do not agree with the previous negative reviews. My guest had the salmon wrap; I had the open steak sandwich. Both were deliciously prepared. The staff was very nice and the dining room pleasant. Not too loud. It's great to have a reliable restaurant locally. Give it a try. They seem like nice folks.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place was highly recommended by our hotel staff. They must be getting a kick back because the food was pretty average and overpriced.

1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just back from meeting a friend at the bar for a bite...it was a highly mediocre experience. We each had a beer and then ordered the guacamole...it was utterly tasteless. The texture was just the way I like it, chunky rather than creamy, but there was no taste. I asked for some sriracha which did little to liven it up...it didn't help that the tortilla chips were of poor quality. I ordered the spinach salad with grilled chicken...it was fine. My friend got the bay scallops and risotto special which I thought tasted fishy...he said it was fine. I could tell the bay scallops...an absolute favorite of mine...were overcooked. The service at the bar was surprisingly inattentive for being such a small bar with 2 bartenders. All in all it was very disappointing. I will not be going back.

1  Thank ncampy23