“Predictably Good”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 135
Transit: Mass Transit bus: 59... Commuter Rail access: Needham Center Stop...
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been going to NYAJ's for 10 years or so since it came to Needham and always enjoy it. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and one of the best features is that no matter how crowded it is, you always get a table that's big enough - even overly large if that's what opens when it's your turn. The wait staff is predictably good, as is the menu and food. My husband loves the bread with oil/cheese/spice dipping sauce that always comes out first. I appreciate the salad offerings and have never been disappointed with the chipotle chicken salad -- although I think the salad dressing they used to use was better than the present one.

Sometimes they mess up take-out orders, but if you call they'll always fix it. They really do aim to satisfy all customers, on the theory that if you like it you may tell one person but if you don't you'll tell ten. They are a great presence in Needham, a predictably good place to eat.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Bob, the new manager, was more than helpful in giving us specific directions on how to find the restaurant, parking and then, making sure everything we ordered was to our liking! Our waitress Ashley had good recommendations on what to order and also making sure we enjoyed our dinner. They even helped us celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday with a special dessert. It was a fabulous experience, and my daughter claimed it was the best meal she has ever had!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A recent lunch here was just so-so. As others have said, the bread and dip is a good start. Main courses were acceptable but nothing special. Our waiter tried hard and may have been new since he had to return to the kitchen to check any query. He was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I had a generally overall positive view of thos chain based on my experiences at the one in Dartmouth MA. I went in to the Needham NYAJ's around 8:30 or 8:45pm to get a late, light bite to eat. It was a Thursday night. We sat at the pizza bar. No one came to give us a menu until the nice lady sitting next to us asked the waitress to help us. We got menus but that waitress never returned to take our order. Eventually a different waitress came. It took forever to get our beverages and chicken lettuce wraps. The plates had finger prints all over them, which grosses me out. The lettuce wraps tasted like mayonnaise. The atmosphere? Immediately next to me was a big booth full of painfully loud college girls. Overall, a waste of a perfectly good evening and twenty five bucks.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family ate here a few months ago, and although the service was pretty good (despite the busy weekend lunch hour), we were very disappointed with the food. We had the salmon and the cuban pork sandwich - both of which were bland and unsatisfying. The sides that came with the salmon were dry and overcooked, and I didn't even finish my sandwich.