“Good longstay hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Needham
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Good longstay hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a month while in the US on business, the hotel is pretty new so everything works as expected, bar a couple of things (later). The rooms are well set out and comfortable, the bathroom good quality.

The staff are lovely, important if you are going to be staying for a while.

I was aware that there could be noise issues from the Coke bottling plant next door but I heard nothing but this could be due to where my room was.

The two issues I had were that the pool was never warm, I was told that they were having issues but this was for the whole month. The other issue was with the bus to the station, most of the time this worked well but several times it was late or the message to be picked up never made it to the driver so a wait of 30 minutes ensued.

Room Tip: Read the other reviews and avoid a room facing the Coke plant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff there is great. Especially Mercedes! I was lost with out her...I got to Boston..never being there before and was unable to get a rental car and I had no clue about mass transit. She gave me excellent instructions and directions and I got there in no time! I felt she went above and beyond to help me! True hospitality expert! And a total Sweetheart! Thanks again...if I ever get back to Boston I know were I'm gonna stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to help you get your bearings in Boston; we're happy to help! We'll pass your compliments along to Mercedes, our hospitality expert. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to host your next visit to Boston.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Nice, new, clean, great breakfast, bar looked good (did not partake!), typical friendly Marriott staff always smiling and offering to help, great "snacks" in evenings - who needs dinner!! No issues!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing your experience for the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that you found our staff to be smiling and helpful. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and are happy to have succeeded during your visit. Thank you for your 5-star recommendation and we hope to host your next visit to Boston.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This new hotel, opened under a year ago, is spacious, clean and surprisingly quiet. Surprisingly, because there is a large coca cola plant over the road which expected to be a problem. It wasn't. The rooms are large, modern and well equipped with fridge, microwave, dishwasher etc. wifi is fast and included. Location is fine, it's on a business park close to an interstate junction, which is right for business, but probably not for a romantic getaway. Staff are excellent, friendly and efficient - new hotels sometimes struggle with a new team getting to grips, but this team seems to have settled in well. Very pleasant stay, will use this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AnotherEnglishman
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to have exceeded your already elevated expectations for a Marriott property; we strive to go above and beyond what's expected of us with our customer service and attention to detail. We value your 5-star recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting your next visit to the Boston area.

Pittsford, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently switched from another extended stay property to the new Residence Inn in Needham. What a breath of fresh air. And an excellent value, too. It has a nice, upbeat vibe. A comfortable place to "come home" to. Staff is excellent. Breakfast and evening buffets are top notch. You should book ahead - this place is increasingly in demand.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SSnyder523
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent extended stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you consider us the best extended stay hotel in the area and that we were able to make you feel at home during your visit. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting your next visit to the Boston area.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Brand new property, very nice, efficient rooms. However the stay was marred by the total incompetence of the front desk clerk (Tasha). I called from the train station to arrange the offered shuttle pickup. The first answer was "we're running a little behind, so it will be 30-45 minutes, and we'll call you." At that point I had plenty of time so I said "OK." An hour later (no call from the hotel) I called back and the answer was "the driver will be there in 5 minutes." To make a long story short, four more phone calls and two hours later, she continued to say "10 more minutes." The hotel is about two miles from the train staion - how much behind can the shuttle driver be? I asked for a cab and she sent it to the wrong train station (but did pay for the second cab). When I checked in (with exactly 3 minutes to meet my family to attend a function), I was offered 12,000 points to make up for it. Sorry, but I'd raher have had the front desk clerk get it right the first time (or even the second, third or fourth). See many other TA reviews regarding the poor front desk service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilfromTheVillages
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I sincerely apologize again for the service failures you experienced during your stay with us. We are using this incident as a training opportunity for our front desk staff and I certainly understand your frustration. I hope that we were able to make it up to you in some small way and that you'll give us another chance to provide you with an excellent stay.

Wallingford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a new hotel and the physical plant shows it. The room was very clean and spacious and the decor was nice. I love that the bathroom had a VERY spacious shower (no tub, which is fine with me). The exercise room had lots of windows and was very light. There is a small pool, but it's indoors which is excellent, given that this is Boston. The breakfast was very nice. BUT the really GOOD part of the stay was the staff. Nicest staff I have encountered in a long time. EVERYONE was pleasant and helpful. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is in the middle of an industrial park (which is okay if you are there on business with a company that is in that park). As far as I can tell, there is no public transit access to this park, so you need a car if you are going to stay here and get around, or you need to be willing to walk (we were) or call a cab (we were willing to do that too). We didn't have a car and we managed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Needham, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Terry,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and spacious accommodations and helpful staff. In regard to our location, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service that takes you anywhere within a three-mile radius, including the Needham Heights ‘T’ Train station, which runs to Boston. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation to the TripAdvisor community and look forward to hosting your next visit to the Boston area.

Michael Gendrin, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needham
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Boston Marriott Newton
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Brookline Longwood Medical

Been to Residence Inn Boston Needham? Share your experiences!