“Excellent Food, Fair Service”
Review of Rice Barn

Rice Barn
Ranked #28 of 69 Restaurants in Needham
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Lots of spicy dishes interspersed with less spicy offerings. Fairly comfortable, well appointed spot in downtown Needham with lots of metered parking. Service was friendly but not very efficient. We were with a party of 8 and the meals came out at different times. Some were given to the wrong member of the party. But the food is excellent, priced a bit on the high side but not outrageously so.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rice Barn serves up some delicious, authentic and fresh Thai food. Their pad thai is obviously great, along with their other choices. A great spot outside of Boston for Asian cuisine.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have eaten at Rice Barn several times. The appetizers are good - Saigon Spring rolls are a personal favorite. Pad Thai & duck curry are very flavorful.... I look forward to trying other things on their menu. Fresh ingredients and an enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family has dined a couple of times at Rice Barn after recently moving to the area, and it has become our favorite place in the neighborhood for Southeast-Asian cuisine. Their ingredients are top notch, and you can really notice the difference in the overall taste of their food.

Our favorites? The massaman short rib, the crispy duck, and their Saigon fresh rolls.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ordered take out tonight. One of the things we bought were the famous rice barn ribs. $18.00 just for this one item alone. We live about 15 min from the restaurant. We get home and take out all the food and look at the ribs and the are in a plastic container with a sticker on the lid that says "Ribs 8/16/12". Today is 8/21/12. They gave us food that was 5 days old!! No wonder they were dry, hard and gross! So I drive all the way back to the restaurant and all the cashier did was to refund the cost of the ribs only! I drove all the way back there because she insisted I bring the ribs back in ordered to get refunded. 15 min in each direction and all I got for old nasty ribs was them bring refunded. She should have refunded the whole bill (which was less than 40 bucks). She took my phone number and said the owner would call me back. Like that's gonna happen! We have ate here for a long time and will probably never go back. I mean $18.00 for something 5 days old, yuck!!!!!

2  Thank Magicman12345