“Great Concept”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Treat Cupcake Bar
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Needham
Description: Phone: 781.444.4995Email: info@treatcupcakebar.comOpen EVERY DAY 10:00 am - 9:00 pmhttp://www.facebook.com/treatcupcakebar
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited Treat Cupcake Bar to treat my kiddo to a special gluten free cupcake. Many had told me about Treat, but I never really had the opportunity to stop by and check it out for myself. We went in the mid-afternoon on a Thursday and we were the only ones there, although a few people came and went while we were there. They had a small selection of Gluten Free cupcakes and since my kiddo is easy to please --it was easy to select a cupcake. Treat also offers a variety of pre-made non-GF cupcakes, as well as the option to create your own cupcake at their cupcake bar/buffet. First you select your cupcake, then you select all the toppings from the bar/buffet. A pretty neat concept for those that love to indulge in that kind of thing. If you choose to eat your cupcake there, they serve it to you in a plastic dish. We sat by the large front window and enjoyed some people watching while we ate our cupcake. If I'm ever in the area again, I will likely stop by Treat again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am a gluten free vegan, and their pumpkin cupcake is my favorite desert in this zip code. I am so lucky to live near Treat Cupcake Bar! What I love is that they have a variety ( I think 4 or 5) of cupcakes that are not only gluten free but ALSO vegan, which is so rare! And at around $4 a cupcake it is worth it-they are so large and keep me full! THANK YOU FOR EXISTING!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I never burnt a $10 bill but now I know how it feels.
Bought two gluten free cupcakes. Cut them in half to share. The chocolate cupcake was inedible. One bite and we both threw it out.
The cinnamon cupcake was so heavy if I dropped it I would have cracked the tile. We both threw it out.
But if you only want to eat 2 blobs of frosting for $10, the frosting was delicious.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have to say I enjoyed these cupcakes a lot more than the ones I have recently tried at some of the local places that have "gourmet cupcakes". We bought 6 cupcakes - one was a special cupcake for my daughter's birthday which had a cute dog on it, where a portion of the proceeds went to a local animal charity, which was a nice bonus! What I found I liked most about these cupcakes was the cupcake wasn't so heavy and sugary that I felt like I was in a sugar coma afterwards. My husband and I split a vanilla cupcake with what I believe to be just vanilla butter cream frosting and sprinkles on top and I found it lighter and more enjoyable to eat. Good flavor and not too sugary. We split it because of the usual heavy feeling we get from having just one at other places. So, we split a chocolate cupcake with a thin chocolate covering and an oreo frosting on top. By itself, I didn't like the oreo frosting (too heavy tasting for me), but I took a forkful of the cupcake, chocolate and frosting together and found it to be a nice mix. I can see how others would find these a tad dry, but I still enjoyed these and would definitely go again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love how they look and that there are so many to choose from. But the frosting taste kind of funny. Chemical like. The cakes are a tad dry. The kids were not happy either. Also a bit expencive.