“Lovely intimate restaurant!”

Petit Robert Needham
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Robert Needham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Needham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highland Avenue
Transit: Needham
Reviewed December 11, 2012

While this restaurant may not look like much from the street, given that it's in a small strip mall, when you go inside, it's cozy and intimate. Wait staff is very friendly and helpful. Food is what I would call French comfort food. Excellent but not pretentious. While I would not bring small children to this place, they do try to accommodate them when parents bring little ones along. When the weather is nice, they offer outdoor dinning in front, which is very typically European. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a date night, or adult get together.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stopped in Needham Center for some shopping Wednesday before noon. And then there was this bistro at the end of a strip of buildings. So lunch with my wife. What a surprise! Greeted in French, answered in French and so on. Memories of Paris flooded back. A glass of wine, an unusual club sandwich on brioche with chicken and applewood bacon, quiche, salad and pomme frites for both of us. Felt so good about the place, decided to try a dessert, and ohhh, the chocolate mousse we shared. Great service, quiet, and very comfortable. We'll be back for dinner. Why just 4 stars? Haven't had dinner there yet. Bon appetit!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have put off writing a review of this charming neighborhood bistro, hoping to like the food by trying different menu items. Alas, although the service is warm and the decor is charming, the food is simply not very good. If you know how to prepare French food, and I do, I think you will be disappointed with what you are served at Petit Robert. Overall, the food is rather bland and not very well prepared. Maybe we'll give it another try in a year or two. We adored the old Maison Robert in Boston going way back to the 1970's. Same family has this restaurant group, I believe. I wish them well, but we simply can prepare far better French fare at home.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I enjoy eating lunch here when out with a friend, and its one of my favorite lunch places! Excellent quiche and egg dishes, as well as delicious pates, croquet Monsieur - it's an interesting, varied, and delicious menu. The ambiance is nice, quiet enough for relaxed conversation, you don't have to raise your voice to be heard. And very reasonably priced for the quality of food. Excellent service, too! A very nice spot in Needham.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hustle and bustle of this local bistro makes for a fun night out. The food is consistently good with decent wine pairings