“Pretty bad”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Leisure stay in late December. Check-in was curt and unfriendly - with non-existent IHG platinum recognition. (Unusual - most other IHG hotels, including Crowne Plazas, give me a free bottle of water or some other way of recognizing frequent stayer). I think the frequent guest relations manager is not doing their job. Maybe they don't want frequent guests? Room was fair - a little outdated. Bathroom was tiny. Not a place I would stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sudburyswimmer
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear sudburyswimmer,

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize that at check-in you were not recognized as one of our valued Platinum Elite Members of IHG Rewards Club. Our Guest Services team is dedicated to welcoming back our repeat guests and has made this a top priority, while introducing some new exciting changes. Above everything else, we want you to feel at home when traveling.

Please contact me directly by email or phone to discuss your experience at the Verve Crowne Plaza (mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com). Have a great day and thank you again for your review.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Never stayed here before, but recently for 4 nights. Very interesting 60s concept hotel feels out of place across from the Natick Mall? They kinda get the theme they were going for but play 50s music in the lounge, when sound system is working. Rooms were fine. Pantry was fine and service was fine. In some ways more than you'd expect for a Crowne Plaza off Rte. 9, but they just didn't get it quite right?

Room Tip: Don't stay on a lower floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear BSha246,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our the Verve. Our Bose sound system is a wonderful addition to our lobby area and was part of our recent renovation.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Feel free to contact me and I would be glad to set you up with a room on an upper floor in our Quiet Zone to best suit your needs.

Kind regards,
mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and always had a pleasant experience. This time, it was absolutely awful. The room was a bit run-down. The lights over the bed were not working, the TV was non-functional, the shower dripped loudly and there was not enough coffee for two people to have one cup each. Since we are terribly allergic to feathers, I made three telephone calls to the front desk prior to arrival to be sure that there would be no feathers in the room. Upon check-in, we asked again and we were told that if we asked for no feathers, there would be no feathers. Well, there was something in that room - be it feathers or something else - that triggered the allergies in both of us. Neither one of us slept at all due to the swollen eyes, coughing, and sneezing. We finally resorted to opening the window which helped a bit, but not much. Upon check-out, we were asked to please leave our telephone number so that the manager (who was not available) could call us to discuss and "do something" for us. Well, as other reviewers stated, the manager never called.

Room Tip: Ask for the "quiet floor"
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank F B
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear F B,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent visit with us. We appreciate your loyalty by keeping us in mind when you travel. I apologize that this experience was not a positive one like others you have had in the past. We are always trying to improve our service and your valuable feedback helps us know what amenities or services need to be improved.

I have shared the items you mentioned regarding the lights, TV, and room furnishings with our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering. I apologize for the issues you experienced regarding the pillows you requested, and the discomfort that resulted from this resulting in an unpleasant stay.

When you are available, I would like to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. We would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve and have come to expect from us. Please contact me directly at mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com and we can arrange a time.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a wonderful rest of the holiday season. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while on business, room was on the first floor, clean but very tired looking and worn. This room had a door that opened out to the back patio area adjoining to the room, great if you smoked, heard people at night from the bar area, talking and socializing outside, not the quietest of room. If you want quiet request a higher floor I would say. Professional front staff, good business area, nice coffee shop on site.
Comfy lobby!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Soapster1,

On behalf of our team here at the Verve, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed the coffee shop in our Emack and Bolio's cafe. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and I apologize your experience was not the quietest while you were traveling on business.

If you will be staying with us in the future, do not hesitate to contact the front desk directly and we will account for your room preferences and to be on a higher floor - the 6th floor is our "Quiet Zone"!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future when in the Natick area. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I arrived on December 12th, 2013 and was staying at the hotel for 1 night for a very important business meeting in Framingham early the next morning. I called the front desk for a wake-up call around 11 p.m. and asked for a 7:15 a.m. wakeup call. The gentleman at the front desk called my room back to confirm my room #. After going to sleep around 12 p.m. I was awoken by a group of loud people talking outside of room around 1 a.m.. I called the front desk to complain and they stated they would send someone up. Around 1:30 I hear the fire alarm going off and we have to evacuate our rooms because some people had set-off the fire alarm. Cold and tired we had to go outside and await for firemen to verify there was no fire.

After all of that it took me awhile to fall back asleep and I got approximately 3 hours of sleep and guess what NO ONE called me from the front desk to provide a wake-up call. Luckily I set my alarm on my phone for 7:30 and was able to rush and get to my meeting on-time. This wouldn't have been a huge deal if they didn't have a stated "Guarantee for Wake-up calls" and also given the debacle with the fire alarm and loud people. Upon leaving I asked to speak to a manager however no one was available. I left my information (email and phone number) and was told a manager would call me.

By now this won't come as a shocker but guess what no one contacted me. I typically travel 50-75 nights a year mostly for business. I have also stayed at a number of Crowne Plaza's however this was by far my worst experience and probably one of the worst I have had during my professional travel.

We do a lot of business in and around Boston but with this experience/incident and how it was handled I would have a hard time recommending this hotel to anyone. My advice is to stay away.

Very, very frustrating and it is obvious based on my experiences at this hotel that customer service isn't of great value to them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John_Michael_1975

Dear John_Michael_1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your stay. We value all feedback and are truly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet the standards you have come to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. As you mentioned, we do have a "Wake Up Call Guarantee" policy. Our staff takes all of the issues you mentioned very seriously and they are being addressed with our senior management team.

I would like to discuss your stay with you personally when you are available. Please email me at mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com or call me, 508-416-1396.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a happy and healthy holiday season.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Checked in last night for a 1 night business trip. Was woken up at 1am with partying and hall traffic across hall. I called security and was assured problem would be resolved. At 130 noise still same level, was about to call security again but the fire alarm goes off instead. When exiting room to evacuate realized the entire hallway freaked of weed. I notify front desk on the way out, but of course all guests had to wait outside in 15 degree temps.

After fire department determined problem was of course the weed, guests were let back in. I confronted front desk that problem could have been avoided had they properly remedied first complaint. Security guard responded with, "I told them top stop". Really? Way to monitor to resolution.

When returning to room, traffic remained loud and I eventually switched rooms and helped by Nathan. He was the only positive in this mess, showed great poise and customer service. Upon switching rooms,he explained to me that 2nd floor is full of Regis University students that live in rooms serving as overflow dorm rooms. So its absolutely amazing that I was put in room by these students when there were many available rooms. New room on 4th floor was super quiet, but couldn't fall asleep until 330.

Would avoid staying here if you have a choice given the Regis students. Additional management did not seem concerned that recreational pot is not legal, cops should've been called and students removed.

Room Tip: Not on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Peter N
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Peter N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the hotel. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments on the staff, regarding Nathan. We appreciate your comments and I'm sorry to hear that your experience at the Verve Crowne Plaza was not a positive one. Please know that we take matters like this very seriously and the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. That being said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a happy holiday season!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

From the in-room food delivery service to the overall customer service from concierge to waiters, the service was exceptional. Nathan R. (one of the concierge) went out of his way to provide me with a tie that I had forgotten for a big interview, he took it off his neck without any questions asked and really saved my interview. Good job to Nathan and the whole crew.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Andres M,

Thank you for your comments and 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear of your wonderful overall experience at the hotel and glad you enjoyed your room service meal. Nathan is a great new addition to our team - I am so happy he was able to save your interview! I will pass along your kind feedback to him, and on behalf of our staff I hope your interview went well!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back next time you come to the area. We appreciate your feedback as well as your loyalty. Happy Holidays from the Crowne Plaza!

Assistant Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
5 mi away
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!