“Business travel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Fruitland Park, Florida
“Business travel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while on business, room was on the first floor, clean but very tired looking and worn. This room had a door that opened out to the back patio area adjoining to the room, great if you smoked, heard people at night from the bar area, talking and socializing outside, not the quietest of room. If you want quiet request a higher floor I would say. Professional front staff, good business area, nice coffee shop on site.
Comfy lobby!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Soapster1,

On behalf of our team here at the Verve, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed the coffee shop in our Emack and Bolio's cafe. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and I apologize your experience was not the quietest while you were traveling on business.

If you will be staying with us in the future, do not hesitate to contact the front desk directly and we will account for your room preferences and to be on a higher floor - the 6th floor is our "Quiet Zone"!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future when in the Natick area. Happy Holidays!

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I arrived on December 12th, 2013 and was staying at the hotel for 1 night for a very important business meeting in Framingham early the next morning. I called the front desk for a wake-up call around 11 p.m. and asked for a 7:15 a.m. wakeup call. The gentleman at the front desk called my room back to confirm my room #. After going to sleep around 12 p.m. I was awoken by a group of loud people talking outside of room around 1 a.m.. I called the front desk to complain and they stated they would send someone up. Around 1:30 I hear the fire alarm going off and we have to evacuate our rooms because some people had set-off the fire alarm. Cold and tired we had to go outside and await for firemen to verify there was no fire.

After all of that it took me awhile to fall back asleep and I got approximately 3 hours of sleep and guess what NO ONE called me from the front desk to provide a wake-up call. Luckily I set my alarm on my phone for 7:30 and was able to rush and get to my meeting on-time. This wouldn't have been a huge deal if they didn't have a stated "Guarantee for Wake-up calls" and also given the debacle with the fire alarm and loud people. Upon leaving I asked to speak to a manager however no one was available. I left my information (email and phone number) and was told a manager would call me.

By now this won't come as a shocker but guess what no one contacted me. I typically travel 50-75 nights a year mostly for business. I have also stayed at a number of Crowne Plaza's however this was by far my worst experience and probably one of the worst I have had during my professional travel.

We do a lot of business in and around Boston but with this experience/incident and how it was handled I would have a hard time recommending this hotel to anyone. My advice is to stay away.

Very, very frustrating and it is obvious based on my experiences at this hotel that customer service isn't of great value to them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John_Michael_1975
Dear John_Michael_1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your stay. We value all feedback and are truly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet the standards you have come to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. As you mentioned, we do have a "Wake Up Call Guarantee" policy. Our staff takes all of the issues you mentioned very seriously and they are being addressed with our senior management team.

I would like to discuss your stay with you personally when you are available. Please email me at mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com or call me, 508-416-1396.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a happy and healthy holiday season.

Kind regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Checked in last night for a 1 night business trip. Was woken up at 1am with partying and hall traffic across hall. I called security and was assured problem would be resolved. At 130 noise still same level, was about to call security again but the fire alarm goes off instead. When exiting room to evacuate realized the entire hallway freaked of weed. I notify front desk on the way out, but of course all guests had to wait outside in 15 degree temps.

After fire department determined problem was of course the weed, guests were let back in. I confronted front desk that problem could have been avoided had they properly remedied first complaint. Security guard responded with, "I told them top stop". Really? Way to monitor to resolution.

When returning to room, traffic remained loud and I eventually switched rooms and helped by Nathan. He was the only positive in this mess, showed great poise and customer service. Upon switching rooms,he explained to me that 2nd floor is full of Regis University students that live in rooms serving as overflow dorm rooms. So its absolutely amazing that I was put in room by these students when there were many available rooms. New room on 4th floor was super quiet, but couldn't fall asleep until 330.

Would avoid staying here if you have a choice given the Regis students. Additional management did not seem concerned that recreational pot is not legal, cops should've been called and students removed.

Room Tip: Not on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Peter N
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Peter N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the hotel. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments on the staff, regarding Nathan. We appreciate your comments and I'm sorry to hear that your experience at the Verve Crowne Plaza was not a positive one. Please know that we take matters like this very seriously and the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. That being said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a happy holiday season!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

From the in-room food delivery service to the overall customer service from concierge to waiters, the service was exceptional. Nathan R. (one of the concierge) went out of his way to provide me with a tie that I had forgotten for a big interview, he took it off his neck without any questions asked and really saved my interview. Good job to Nathan and the whole crew.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Andres M,

Thank you for your comments and 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear of your wonderful overall experience at the hotel and glad you enjoyed your room service meal. Nathan is a great new addition to our team - I am so happy he was able to save your interview! I will pass along your kind feedback to him, and on behalf of our staff I hope your interview went well!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back next time you come to the area. We appreciate your feedback as well as your loyalty. Happy Holidays from the Crowne Plaza!

Assistant Guest Service Manager
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed one night over Thanksgiving. The room was surprisingly comfortable and the bathroom renovated. The water pressure in the shower was great, as was the lighted makeup mirror (set in front of the counter, not in the back, so I could actually use it.) There were open shelves to place toiletry kits.

In the room, instead of a dresser, there were two long open shelves. It felt a lot cleaner than the often-dusty drawers. The bedside tables were large and uncluttered by hotel literature or reading lamps (which were the swivel kind and hung on the wall.) The only things missing were a safe and light in or around the closet so one could see what's hanging inside and not lose things in there....

I assume that since it was Thanksgiving afternoon, there was only one bell captain available to help with luggage, and he was busy. But there were three smiling (and somewhat idle) reception clerks.

Overall, at the very low price of under $130 per night, it was a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear MsBizWiz2,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your 5-star review and comments about your stay.!We are pleased to hear you found your room and bathroom to be nicely appointed, and liked the shelves and space available to store clothes. We pride ourselves on being an affordable and convenient alternative to the city of Boston and we are fortunate to be situated in a prime location for shopping and dining.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and loyalty and we are glad you had an enjoyable holiday with us! We hope to be able to welcome you back to Natick next time you are in the area.

Holden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Came to Natick for a 2 day seminar and decided not to fight the traffic in and out of Natick. The room was spotless, very nice and the bed very comfortable. Met one of the cleaning staff on my way in and she was extremely friendly and helpful. In fact everyone at the desk was also very friendly.
The fact that the Natick Mall was right across the street (you still need to drive over there) was a plus. The Mass Turnpike is just a short drive away - very practical.

Room Tip: We were lucky and got an end room - no foot traffic, no elevator noise, but it's a longer walk...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Carol B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so pleased to hear that you found the room nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. We appreciate your kind comments about the front desk and housekeeping staff. Our hotel offers a complimentary shuttle within a 2-mile radius, which goes to the Natick Collection and is available daily 7am-11pm. We hope to serve you again in the future whether you are in the Natick area for business or pleasure. Thank you again for your wonderful review - your loyalty is much appreciated!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Trendy feeling hip hotel with a 60's- 70's theme. The retro style gives the hotel a very fun vibe. We stayed at the Verve 1 night for a family function at the hotel. Large upscale well appointed room , very comfortable bed. Great bathroom & toiletries . No fridge or in room safe. The heat worked well & easy to adjust.
Decent gym for a hotel. Staff were very pleasant & helpful. The hotel was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the 1'st floor, lobby level where the gym , restaurant & party rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ReneBeth01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments! We have recently undergone some very exciting renovations and are glad to hear you liked the decor and vibe. We are glad you found the rooms to be nicely appointed with a variety of amenities. While we do not have safes available in the rooms, we do have safety deposit boxes at the front desk that are accessible 24 hours a day. We have fridges and microwaves available upon request, which the front desk staff would be happy to send upon your arrival. We are always looking for new ways to ensure we meet the needs of all our guests, as well as new amenities to offer.

We apologize for any noise you may have heard on the 1st floor, we do have a quiet zone on the 6th floor if you are returning! Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to serve you in the future.

Assistant Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!