Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
$174
$68
$169
Courtyard
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham(Framingham)(Great Value!)
$92
$244
$183
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe vervemile radiuslogan expresslarge mallpantry restaurantlava lampsexecutive floornatick areafront desk stafftrain stationdirectly across the streetmass pikeshopping and restaurantsshuttle servicefree shuttlebusiness tripnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I chose the Natick Crowne Plaza based on the photos of the rooms (posted both here and elsewhere) and because it was advertised as newly renovated. Well, I don't know where those photos came from, but they weren't photos of the rooms at this hotel. Only the lobby is newly renovated. After pushing aside the pile of dirty laundry in front of my door, we found a dated room with stained carpets, stained bed skirt, pealing wall paper and curtains that were held closed with a bag clip. Thankfully the bedding was clean, but the pillows were pretty uncomfortable.

We were going to stay for the Sunday brunch, which they self proclaimed as the best in Metrowest. After looking at the brunch menu at the Pantry, which happened to be a nice copy of the room service menu, we decide just to cut our loses and have breakfast elsewhere.

We won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris C
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

The majority of our rooms are fully renovated but we do have a small percentage which are scheduled to be completed at the end of this year. Also our brunch is scheduled to return on Oct. 7 which has a wide variety of culinary offerings, currently we are serving our Sunday breakfast buffet in The Pantry restaurant which does compliment our room service menu. The Lobby has been completely transformed during our renovation process. Please consider The Verve for a future visit so you may experience a fully completed renovated hotel. Should you wish to share your views my direct line is 508-416-1397 and I would welcome your call.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is a class act. From the service you receive at the front desk, to the rooms. They do everything they can to accomodate guests. It is not 5 star in amenties (Like a Westin, or Ritz Carlton) but the service and the convenience was outstanding. Also it is right across the street from a ton of restaurants,shopping and the Natick Mall. Unfortunately after 2 days the hotel got booked up and we had to check out and find another hotel (Sheraton Framingham - Booo). When we come to visit my daughter in college we are not going to even mess around with the other hotels in town. This is where we will stay no matter how much it costs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank skeimig
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

The team at The Verve takes pride on executing a superior level of guest service and interaction. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will anticipate your return.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Natick Crowne Plaza for three nights and found it to be a pleasant enough stay - but not remarkable. The hotel common areas are not exactly cookie cutter - the decor seems to be a fusion of a number of decades 60's, 70's and 80's - despite being bizarre, it worked.

My double room on the second floor was clean, modern and well appointed - although I had booked, paid for and requested a Queen. As others have noted, the HVAC unit in the room was very noisy. The pillows were too soft and oddly sized- one was not enough, two was too many.

I had a cocktail in the lounge one evening. It has a decent nightclub atmosphere but the temperature fluctuated between too hot and freezing cold. I had one lunch in the cafe - I ordered the burger medium well but it was pretty bloody. Very good, enormous portion size, but not to my order. I appreciated that Starbucks coffee was available in the cafe but the cafe hours were rather limited.

Many people have complained about the shuttle service, but I found it to be amazing. It was always there when I needed it and the driver was extremely accommodating - even running a quick errand for me that was tremendously helpful. In my opinion this was the best part of my stay!

I think this is the best hotel in the area, so I would stay again for sure if business brings me back. I would not go out of my way to visit the area again without business to compel me.

Room Tip: I have heard the the quietest rooms are on the 6th floor. Mine was the second and it was fine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Really not quite what you'd expect of Crowne Plaza. We stayed there for two nights. The room seemed to be okay, spacious and clean enough; however, at night the a/c sounded like an airplane taking off and the mattress and pillows were very uncomfortable. Both my wife and I got up with a headache in the morning. I complained at the front desk and they suggested moving us to a different floor. Must say that the front desk personnel was very accommodating and helpful. Our room was on the top floor (the 7th) and according to the front desk they had renovated floors 1-6, and hadn't got to 7 yet. So, we got a nicer room (our first room also had a TV that looked like it was made in 80s) on a lower floor with slightly quieter A/C and more comfortable bed.

Other than that, the hotel is quite nice, but one would expect more from a Crowne Plaza. The 80s music throughout the lobby area is mildly annoying even though some of my favorites songs were played. I can see how it can really become irritating. I'm not sure if the hotel management realizes that while some people might enjoy it, hardly anyone will book a hotel based on what music is being played in the lobby. However, I'm sure some people will not consider the hotel precisely because of that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SteveContes, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Verve. All rooms other than our 7th floor have gone through a completed renovation; the 7th floor is currently scheduled to begin construction in December. Upon completion, targeted for beginning of March I can assure you that these rooms will be the best accommodations in the area and I would like to invite you back to experience our newest product. Please consider The Verve for your future visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay of 2 nights. The front desk staff was very helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the gym was much better than most I've seen in hotels, with a variety of cardio machines and weights. The restaurant was good for breakfast the day we tried it, and there are numerous places to eat within the block if you'd rather not pay hotel pricing.
It would have been nice to have had a sidewalk all the way to the intersection on the street and the TV was a bit fuzzy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Verve, we take great pride on delivering an exceptional guest experience. We will anticipate your return and appreciate that you have shared your comments