“Rooms Very nice-Banquet service horrible.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Pensacola, Florida
“Rooms Very nice-Banquet service horrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have to agree with hallen_921on the food as I was at the same wedding. The front desk staff was very accommodating and the rooms were beautiful. But the wedding reception service was very slow and not very well coordinated. The wedding was at 4:30 p.m. in the same town and was over by 5 p.m. My husband and I got back to the hotel at 5:15 and walked down to the reception about 6 p.m. The banquet staff were serving hors d'oeuvres in the entrance hall instead of letting us into the banquet room. After an hour in the hall, they finally let us into the room. We were served our appetizer about 45 minutes later. We were served our meal at 8:30 p.m. which was ridiculous. Then instead of clearing each table as they finished, they waited until the entire 185 people were done before clearing any tables. I worked in this industry for 18 years and was appalled by the inexperience of the banquet servers. Yes, there was another wedding reception at the same time, but the banquet coordinator should have made better arrangements in that case or schedule only one reception at a time. The price of the wine and beer was very expensive-$9 for a glass of house wine and $6 for bottle beer. I am not from the area, but a gentleman at the wedding mentioned that he could go into the city of Boston and pay less. I would like to mention that Ann the night banquet coordinator was extremely helpful in finding the bride's veil and I was told that Sherry the day coordinator had placed it in the honeymoon suite not realizing that the veil was the borrowed part of the wedding attire. Ann went out of her way to return the veil to me. All in all, I would recommend the rooms, but would never have a reception at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you smoke request ground floor patio room, so you can step out the back and smoke on patio.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shelly G
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments. All of us at the Crowne Plaza value your time and will work hard to ensure that similar situation won't happen in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding that my children (ages 4 and 7) and husband were part of. I was told by the bride that the hotel would accomodate my children's food allergies (milk, egg and nut) during the wedding reception. I had asked to bring food in to be prepared in the kitchen and was told it was OK. When I had contacted the front desk an hour prior to arrival, I was told that I could keep my food in the hotels main freezer since the one in our room was too small. I was contacted by the wedding coordinator at the hotel who told me that they did not know if they could accomodate. I was then contacted by another "coordinator" who told me there was no way that they would cook food for my children. I was extremely upset especially since my children were the flower girls in the their uncles wedding. Also, the room my inlaws were staying in had a terrible leak that filled the bathroom floor during the night. The hotel was under renovations that were supposed to be completed by the time of the wedding and were not. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank hallen_921
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations regarding your recent stay. We will use this as a guide in improving our guest experience and look for an opportunity to serve you in the future.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

During a recent power outage we stayed here. Despite the huge demand the hotel, unlike many in the area, did not raise their prices. We got a beautiful room for a very reasonable price. The room was top notch and had all the amenities. The only complaint was that housekeeping could do a better job dusting. But the room itself was very clean. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoriNY
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Value Guest,

Crowne Plaza is committed to provide an exceptional service to all of our guests no matter of the circumstances. We understand that during the difficult times such as power outages, our customers have no choice but to find a home away from home. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serve you in the future.
Brunswick, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

This place is in the midst of a major renovation. During that, the word "no" is what comes to mind. No bar, no restaurant, no little store, are just a few examples. But the staff is nice and it seems to be doing a good business. The rooms have almost all been rehabbed and are very nice, if you allow for the rehab being done pretty much in what is called "contractor grade" materials. The beds are fine, with luxury feeling sheets and comforters. There is a small snack bar with, like, one brand if chocolate bar, and that is basic Hershey's. They do have coffee and muffins and bagels, etc. Peeking illegally into the construction area, I would say that they have a ways to go, weeks if not months. One nice aspect is that they are using an upper floor as a stand by bar, but just tables, and, absolutely inexplicably, the view has been blocked by coating the windows to a height of about four feet with an opaque material. Sit at most tables, and you see nothing. Bizarre decision. There is one room, where the bar is, without that blocking material. Hats off the the staff - they are trying hard in the midst of a really injured hotel. I'm sure it is all finances, but when one is doing this much rehab of major areas, perhaps the better view would be to close the place and just do it. When it is all done, I'd come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank johnH1892DD
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced during your recent stay. We are pleased to say that our renovation process is almost completed and the new restaurant and lounge will be available to our guests shortly. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and is is consistently clean, the service is good. They are in the middle of a remodel, so the resturant is under construction but offer food & drinks on the 7th floor. Beds are very comfortable, I will be back.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the 7th floor while they are under construction... they moved the bar/resturant to this...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our renovation is almost completed and we are excited to have our new outlets available to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

To all the staff at the Crowne Plaza - Thank you for making my daughter's wedding the happiest day of her life. My daughter's wedding was held at the Crowne Plaza in Natick and while I normally would not write a reveiw I have to in this case. The banquet manager promised a day she would never forget and she delivered! The service was fantastic, the food amazing, the rooms were immaculate - I just can not say enough how happy we are that we chose this venue.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize all the efforts that our staff has put into making your daughter's even successful. We thank you for your positive comments and look forward to host your future events.
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

The organization I work for recently held a conference at the Crown Plaza and I have nothing but great things to say about the facility, service and staff! The hotel is currently undergoing renovations, which were much needed, and though we initially thought this might be a problem, our event manager made sure everything went smoothly the day of our event. Everyone at the hotel was so helpful in making sure our event was successful and the food served for lunch was amazing, top quality! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and we plan on hosting the same conference there again next year!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NENPA
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and had a successful event. Our staff is committed to provide an exceptional customer service to all our guests. We look forward to your return and future events.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!