“Consistently excellent take-out”

Add it.
Three Gorges Chinese Food
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 17, 2013

About a quarter mile from our house, we've gone to Three Gorges literally dozens of times over the past 15 years. It's been through at least 2 management changes in that time, but the food remains consistently tasty. I typically order the Szechuan style bean curd, while my wife tends to get the Shanghai pan-fried noodles. Everything is hot and flavorful - nothing fancy, but never disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Three Gorges Chinese Food

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Chinese Food. Always fresh, never greasy. Always good! You get a ton of food for a small price. Lunch leftovers make for a great dinner.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Not sure how they do it. all dishes are good, ready in under 15 minutes and come out of a storefront kitchen

1  Thank Mike_OCP
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Once upon a time, I used to be a regular at 3 Gorges in Natick. Situated in between Dairy Queen and Natalie's Italian Kitchen in RTE 27 near the Natick/Wayland line. I didnt know any better, I guess, as even though places like King Wok and more recently Shanghai Tokyo are in the area, I was still loyal to this little take out place.
The lunch specials are a bargain with a tremendous amount of food for a low price. I have never had a problem with the person taking my order on the phone or when I walked in. I stopped going to 3 Gorges a few years ago because the food just does not have enough flavor for me. Everything in a brown sauce tasted the same. Everything in a black sauce tasted the same.Everything marked as spicy, was just not spicy enough.
Today, i decided to get take out from them. It's an easier drive to get Chinese along Rte 27 then it is to try to find parking in Natick Center, or in the Shanghai parking lot.
I ordered the Hot Sour Soup for 1, peeking ravioli and green beans Szechuan style for pickup. Order was ready in 10 minutes. Perfect..I was really hungry.
The hot sour soup is full of mushrooms,, tofu and not sure if lilly buds or bamboo. Unfortunately the soup has an unpleasant aftertaste which takes about 10 spoonfuls to get used to.. As fas as spiciness is concerned, the soup is not spicy at all. The Peking ravioli (6 per order) were huge. (compare to Shanghai Tokyo). They were good with plenty of meat. But they were ultimately a little too doughy for me. Otherwise they would have been perfect. The Szechuan string beans were oily. They were cooked well, but lacked any spicy flavor or recognizable taste except for the oil. I felt that although I intended to eat something a little healthier, with so much oil on the beans, I feel bloated.
My order total was $19. Fair. It included a small white rice which I did not ask for. Why do take out places insist on adding rice to my orders, when i do not ask for it. Plus, with what i ordered, there would be no reason to eat the rice.
Probably wont order again from them for another few years--if they ares till in business, Go to Shanghai Tokyo or King Wok instead.

1  Thank Hugh_C_11
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have ordered take out from this restaurant and have found it to be totally fine, unremarkable, American "Style" Chinese. The service is prompt and the food is good. If you are looking for a good take out place, 3 Gorges fits the bill.

1  Thank gina8668