“Every time I go to the Bakery I am reminded of why I shouldn't go to the Bakery”
Review of Bakery on the Common - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bakery on the Common
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed June 21, 2011

In addition to the never smiling customer service - the owner is the rudest, never pleasant or smiling, you never can be sure whether the bakery will take your credit card or not. Sometimes if its under $5 they will sometimes they won't - this is against all merchant account contracts but I guess they don't need the business. I left and discovered JAVA just down the street. I received the same exact cappucino smoothy for less and best of all service with a smile and they took my card! Java will be my new lunch and coffee stop!

1  Thank whatdowehavehere
There are newer reviews for Bakery on the Common

Reviewed September 10, 2010

This is only the second negative review I've ever posted on TripAdvisor.
I brought my two young children here, wrongly assuming the self-serve style would be child friendly.
I asked for a panini with the sauce on the side and was told they were all PRE-MADE. That should have sent me packing right there.
I asked instead for eggs and pancakes that were boasted on the huge chalkboard directly in front of me, and was told breakfast was over (it was 11:30 a.m., and why not just erase the chalkboard? My understanding was, this is the beauty of chalkboards). The man at the register became agitated when I paused to figure out what to order. There was nobody waiting in line behind me, or I would have just moved to the side. Instead, I asked a couple of questions about the menu, such as, "What is the cream-based soup?" (It was listed among the soups.) Then he snapped at me, "These are the soups!" pointing at another soup list. (I hadn't realized there were two separate lists and only one was correct.)
Then, he simply walked away from me.
Another man came over to finish taking my order, and I paid .... $22 for two sandwiches and three drinks! The food was OK, but not worth it at all, particularly when offered up by the obnoxious staff.
I really should have grabbed my kids and left when the first man walked away from me, but I felt bad since the kids had already been to the bathroom and were hungry. In hindsight, I should have left anyway; why should I feel bad that my 3-year-old needed to use the bathroom? This was my own fault, a holdover of being a waitress in fine dining for 10 years -- I never want to be rude to staff at a restaurant.
But then the man proceeded to glare at me after I got my food and sat with my kids (who were well-behaved despite not liking the sandwich with the spicy chive and garlic mayonnaise). When I returned a smile, he would glare a second longer before looking away. Hindsight is 20/20, but there's no way I should ever have paid (especially so much) to be treated so badly. I would never have treated a customer like this, particularly just for asking menu questions (answering those is your job) or for being confused about what to order after I told the customer we could not accommodate a simple request for sauce on the side.
Needless to say, we will NEVER set foot inside this place. Ever. We should have just gone to Lola's, one of our very favorite places to eat because of the great food (prepared to order) AND the friendly staff.

4  Thank FoodieMami