“This place milks the New England family apple picking experience”
Review of Lookout Farm

Lookout Farm
Ranked #12 of 21 things to do in Natick
More attraction details
Owner description: Belkin Family Lookout Farm is a fun place to visit and is one of the oldest continuously working farms in the U.S. Ride the train and pick your own fruit from mid-summer through the fall - peaches, apples, Asian pears. From May - Oct, families can also enjoy the Children's Play Area, moonbounce, caterpillar rides and more. Weekends include live children's entertainment, face painting and other fun things. Petting zoo and camel rides are available Sept - Oct.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

How many orchards charge an "admission fee"? $14 per adult just to walk through the door and even the price per pound is WAY more than what other nearby orchards charge, not to mention the fact that most other orchards do not charge any admission fee.

To add insult to injury, the selection and quality of fruit is by far the worst I have ever seen. Lots of rotted apples and other fruit scattered throughout the site, maybe that's why they make you take the kiddie choo choo train rather than allow you to walk freely through the grounds.

And even their lame "kiddie activities" can't justify their outrageous prices.

The Belkin family who owns this pathetic place are no doubt swimming in cash as this place is about pure greed, pure and simple.

7  Thank eagle1676
"peck"
"adorable"

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Let me tell you why I one star rating: I went on 9/28/13
1. Cost. You have to pay 14.00 adult and 12.00 child then pay for size bag of apples. The bag I picked was the largest one that cost 19.00 So I paid 60 bucks!
2. Waiting in line for the train. When the train pulled up to board the guy letting people on told us to MOVE IT! I got very curt answers from the staff I asked questions.
3. Their wed site said Cortland apple were available. Not true. That's the reason I went.
4. The train makes several stops and you get off to pick apples. Well we had to walk a very long way down the orchards because the trees were picked dry. I am retired and have some health issues so I could not walk that far. my kids and grandkids said it was a very long walk before they found fruit.
5. The play area was just OK. Still not worth the price.
Me and my family will not return to this place.

4  Thank nelou1
Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you just want to pick fruit, would go elsewhere as you have to pay $14 admission, then more $$ for the bag of fruit....(5 lbs costs $9.00, 10 lbs costs $16.00 & 25 lbs costs $28.00. So for the largest bag it cost $56 for two adults, even more if you have kids ($12 admission for children under 12 and under 2 is free).

There are other places in the area that charge about the same for the bag of fruit without any additional charges.

6  Thank Nikko4Me
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a great time at Lookout Farm last weekend. It was a beautiful day and headed there with our two kids (3 and 5). The kids really enjoyed the train ride and going through the orchards. The highlight was going to the play area for the kids.
They enjoyed playing in the bouncy house, going on the see-saw, and going through the maze! Even more exciting for the kids were the pony rides (which were an extra fee, but well worth it) and then listening to the music man sing and dance with the kids. We literally spend from 10AM-3PM at the farm, and the kids had a blast! Of course picking apples was a bunch of fun too! Certainly a bit pricey, but well worth it for our family.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had a great time at Lookout Farm. Went to pick some apples (got a ton of ripe Gala and Macintosh) as well as some Asian Pears. It seems like there are a lot of harsh reviews on here of this place. It is more expensive, as they charge admission price, but if you have young kids I think it's a fun time. Our three year old was in heaven. Between riding on the little train, picking her own fruit, and hanging out in play area with the animals, she was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. We got there around 10:30am and it was almost 2pm by the time we left. The morning flew by and we were all happy with the experience. Is it cheaper to buy your apples at the store......yep. But that wasn't the reason we were going apple picking. We just wanted a fun family day and that is exactly what we had. Will definitely go back again.

Been to Lookout Farm? Share your experiences!