“Best in the area?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Minerva
Ranked #78 of 129 Restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best in the area?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Come here always for lunch buffet. The price is right and the food is tasty. It's quite spicy, which I love and is fresh enough. I've been to other Indian restaurants in the area, (Saffron being the closest) and I feel Minerva is better than the rest. The waiters are also always friendly, especially to our young children.

• Visited December 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian Food in Natick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I ordered take-out from Minerva while I was in town on business.

I ordered the following:

*spinach pakora--delicious and I was surprised byt he portion size--it was enough to feed a group of 6

*vegetable korma--delicious, it was creamy and full of soft vegetables

*paneer tikka masala--delicious but I was expecting the sauce to be more of a red color. It was more on the yellow side but still tasty.

I recommend this place if you like Indian!

• Visited August 2013
“Avoidable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had great hope for Minerva when they opened, the possibility for a good South Indian restaurant in the Boston area is immense. The owners were also from a restaurant of the same name in the Virginia area and I love that place.

Minerva in Natick is a disappointment. They have a nice menu and a south indian food junkie will drool on that.

The food is bad; I got dishes cooked in rancid oil more than once.

The buffet is messy and the restaurant does not enforce the 'use a new plate each time' rule. So you get to share diseases with your 40 closest friends. I've pointed that out to the staff multiple times but they don't get it.

The staff is also changed often and they don't quite know how to deal with guests.

At some point, the owners got a little too familiar and started asking questions that were inappropriate.

I've eaten here many times, but I won't go here again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amrith K
Natick, Massachusetts
“Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had the worst Dosa of my entire life. It is harder than a rock. The potato curry is unrecognizable. I like to know how long this restaurant keeps the food on their shelves. Go to McDonalds if you really need to eat and save your money. All the Indian restaurants we tried in Mass to date are worthless. The reviews should include zero stars, not the one minimum.

• Visited July 2013
“good indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

we really like their food. their best item is gobi manchurian in appetizer. also they give the option of complimentary nan/rice with the entree,that saves some dollars.

Visited April 2013