“cozy shows up close”

Center for Arts in Natick (TCAN)
Ranked #3 of 21 things to do in Natick
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a historic firehouse in the heart of Natick Center Cultural District, TCAN is the MetroWest region's premier performing arts organization. National touring acts have included Don McLean, The Smithereens, Vanilla Fudge, Shawn Colvin, Paula Poundstone and many others. A variety of classes, family programs, community theater and art exhibitions attract over 20,000 attendees annually.
Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“cozy shows up close”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have only been to TCAN once and have a ticket for another show in a few months, but I bought a membership because this place is great and deserves more attention (which I will now support whole heartedly). I went to see a comedy show and it was like having them in my living room. I went with three friends and we laughed so hard, Lenny Clarke, you still got it my dear!!
Although the venue is made fun of because it is an no longer used firehouse, it still has charm and a cozy feeling without the crammed as many people as you can, thing going, which I hope never changes.

For the evening that I was there, there was a small bar for drinks, but I dont know if that is allowed at every show. There is no obstructed view so all the seats are excellent and well priced. Parking doesnt seem to be an issue if you attend an evening performance as street parking is free after 6:00 pm. It is easy to find and several cute places to grab a bite before the show. Definitely worth checking out!

Great job TCAN, keep the great acts coming!

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good selection of acts”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've enjoyed Dave Mason, the Proclaimers, Johnny A = the setting is very intimate, there isn't a bad seat in the house, and the staff are all very friendly. They serve beer and wine, a limited selection but enough to quench your thirst. For a small suburb of Boston, they get a great variety of acts, and parking in downtown is pretty easy at night.

Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“always a good show”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have been to everything from comedy, children's theater and original theater and music and have never disappointed. Only time I was when I did not buy tickets early enough and event was old out.

boston, ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Intimate and fun”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm a member and have seen a handful of shows there. It's really a great venue. The acoustics are wonderful. My only gripe: inconsistent seating placement for kid shows. Sometimes they have room in front for the little ones to dance. A few times they haven't had that, which is really a disappointment; little kids go to dance around in front of the stage! It really changes the energy of shows when that's not available.

Visited April 2013
West Babylon, New York, United States
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Paul Byrom concert”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went to see Paul Byrom, in solo concert. He was, as usual outstanding. Besides a beautiful voice, he is so funny, had us doubled over with laughter. Paul can sing any song, and brings such emotion, can move you to tears.