“Great for a quick bite, not sure I'd dine here”

Dolphin Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolphin Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 132 Restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sherborn, Massachusetts
“Great for a quick bite, not sure I'd dine here”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Grabbing a brief drink and bite prior to a show, we had a pleasant experience. Likeable waitstaff, had a good mixed drink although it was $10. The food was solid, I had a swordfish kabob over salad which i thought was a novel idea. Food was tasty and fish was cooked appropriately. The bar side is likely and the food fits the atmosphere, not sure if i was looking for a nice meal that I would choose here, although there was a healthy amount of people waiting for tables.

• Visited November 2013

Newton, Massachusetts
“Personal, friendly service in Natick”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I really liked the bartender. We received personal, attentive service from our bar man. The location is convenient with plenty of parking. We were just in for drinks and a light bite. The prices are VERY REASONABLE. Seemingly a throw-back to several years past. That said -- the rest of the review -- about the food and drinks -- which I cannot put off indefinitely -- is a little limited. The place is not trying to be high end, so one can probably expect an extremely limited wine list -- with really low-end wines. The hummus and pita was just fine ... after that, there weren't too many (healthy certainly) selections on the bar menu. Again, the service was efficient and the place served it's purpose for a quick drink and bite in Natick.

• Visited November 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
“Good, not great”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am definitely recommending this place, though the dishes are not inspired by any means. The food is quite tasty, though. I had the special (cod), with squash and a green salad. I also enjoyed a very nice mai tai w/ my dinner. The service was quite good. The meals are not incredible but I would return, albeit with lowered expectations.

• Visited September 2013
Massachusetts
“Slow service...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was not crowded on an early Saturday evening however our waitress was in slow motion. Asked a question about one of the meals while ordering and she said she would ask the cook and be right back. We did not see her for 5 - 10 minutes. Maybe she went on break? The steamers were excellent though which was a big reason for going there. The broiled fish, fries and baked potato were good. The cole slaw needs to be drained before serving as there was way too much dressing it was sitting in. Taste was good but ....... All in all I would probably go back but because of the prices it would have to be an early bird special.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My sister and I visited this restaurant for a Saturday afternoon luncheon. We were specifically looking for seafood in the Natick area. We came across a gem of a restaurant. The atmosphere was nice. It has some what of a "Legal Seafood" feel. The average price of the meal was about $18-20.00. Of course there were more expensive selections, but I thought the price range was very good. Food was excellent. We had the lobster a la Natick, and it was yum, yum delicious. A good amount of lobster, with shrimp, and scallops in a casserole. I would definitely recommend this entrée. The service was good. The waiter could have been more attentive. But, for the most part, he was ok. Drinks were good, and they too were average priced. Over all, a delightful experience. Would definitely visit this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013