“not inexpensive, but good value for money”
Review of Maxwell's 148 - CLOSED

Maxwell's 148
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brigham Court
Transit: Commuter Rail to Natick Center
Description: Maxwell's 148 offers a creative menu of contemporary cuisine, an extensive selection of fine wines and cocktails, and impeccable service..
Long Island City, New York
“not inexpensive, but good value for money”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spouse and I enjoyed dinner here while in Wellesley area. Resto is easy to find: on Rte 135/Central St. Ample parking in rear. We arrived at start of dinner service, were greeted by owner/manager? and were seated in one of the two booths. Very spaciouse and comfortable.

Drinks are a bit pricey, but were well made. Bread basket included large Chinese noodles. Waitress was genuinely cheerful, knew the prices, and quoted prices of the most expensive ones. We both ordered from the menu which features Italian and Chinese dishes. I opted for the gnocchi with lobster and mushrooms. Lots of large lobster pieces. Very nice. Spouse had beef and broccoli. He ate every bit. For dessert we shared of portion of cheesecake. Very good, very filling. Coffee was wonderful and fairly priced.

The bill as presented, was correct. A most pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2014

Massachusetts
“Natick Gem”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Five of us went to Maxwell's a week ago. This was my first time but won't be my last. The food was excellent and the server was very attentive to our needs, explaining the specials, and telling us how some of the entrees were prepared. The prices are high and for my wife and me this would be a special dinner destination. I highly recommend this restaurant. One criticism is that the drapes by the tables be cleaned. The one next to our table had food stains on it--not appealing. Everyone enjoyed their dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
Weston, Massachusetts
“Really an excellent Metro West Restaurant in Natick Ma.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Who would think that right past Wellesley College in Natick Ma in a very unassuming location one would find close to a four star style restaurant in terms of the food and the service. But here it is. I have meant to try this restaurant for awhile, but today I did so I can keep my AA miles current and get the 2000 bonus miles and not only will I get the miles but I had an excellent dinner also. Now I should have tried this a long time ago for Owner Mitchell Maxwell once came to the temple and showed our brotherhood, about two years ago, how to make amazing potato pancakes that I make his way since then.

Tonight I tried his version of Seared Tuna and it was spectacular and was served with a nice salad on the side with just the right amount and excellent flavored dressing. The tuna slices were of the perfect size and melted in my mouth. I followed with a slice of cheese that came with small toasted pieces of bread and a delicious marmalade. By the way, the bread they give you is a combo of chinese thick fried noodles and some bread with two dipping sauces, one of which was a delicious homemade hummus. Finally I had the shrimp noodle soup dish with large shrimps. I love when restaurants give you the large shrimps. I was told the soup had a little spice and it was a little spice, and just the right amount of heat and not one that made me call the fire department. The broth was excellent the noodles in it were excellent and the soup had a nice hardy flavor to it. You can tell everything here is made with fresh ingredients. For a Tuesday night, the restaurant seemed pretty busy which in my view is a good sign. Overall, if you have never eaten at Maxwell's and you are visiting Wellesley College or other nearby colleges or you live in the Metro West, this restaurant does deserve a try. I think you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is my favorite restaurant outside of Boston. The menu is so diverse its hard to choose. Love the Shrimp Fra-Diavolo! They also have one of the best desserts ever in their banana bread with mascaparone. Great service. Always feel welcome.

Visited May 2014
MA
“Really nice atmosphere and food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great place for an evening out with friends or partner. Nice food, well prepared and served. Good choices. Nice atmosphere, though can be loud. Overall well worth the trip!

• Visited February 2014