“Really nice atmosphere and food”
Review of Maxwell's 148 - CLOSED

Maxwell's 148
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brigham Court
Transit: Commuter Rail to Natick Center
Description: Maxwell's 148 offers a creative menu of contemporary cuisine, an extensive selection of fine wines and cocktails, and impeccable service..
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great place for an evening out with friends or partner. Nice food, well prepared and served. Good choices. Nice atmosphere, though can be loud. Overall well worth the trip!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My Friend and I went here for lunch. We had heard some good reviews of it years back but nothing lately. I looked it up on line and it said it was open for lunch from 12-2. The restaurant is located in an industrial strip mall type place. We parked around back and walked in.The restaurant reminded me a bit of a night club that when you see it in the day it looks shabby but under the right lighting in the dark it probably looks ok. It was empty except for an older gentleman at the bar. We walked back out and checked the door for times. It was indeed open and eventually the bar tender came out. It turned out he was also our waiter. I felt uncomfortable with the amount of times he called us dear. I was uncomfortable when he corrected our pronunciation of things. At this point we were both raising our eye brows with each encounter. We ordered chicken salad and a panini. The food took forever. The chicken was rubbery, the pesto was way to salty. I didn't even eat 1/2 of what I ordered. The sodas are 4.95!!!! I felt very judged which is weird considering we were the only food customers in there. The other customers who came in while we were there were drinking at the bar. I will not go back!

2  Thank Charmagne88
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The wife and I went for date night and it was another great meal! We started of with the chilled lobster cocktail and the sauteed eggplant lettuce wraps, both were fantastic! Our entrees were the seafood cioppino (ALL MEAT) and the braised short ribs special and, again, both were fantastic! We were so full that we only could split the dessert, chocolate chip bread pudding (OMG), and it was awesome! Service is stellar, the chef comes out to say hi, and the ambiance is perfect for a date night! We made reservations for next month on our way out.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We dine at Maxwell's frequently and always by choice. It never disappoints. Specials are truly that. Great wine list though a bit pricey. Reservations are a must. Chef Mitchell is always willing to accommodate dietary needs. Clearly, this is the place to go in the Western suburbs.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

From the outside you don't expect such a lovely restaurant on the inside. Reservations was on time and the service was fantastic with friendly and knowledgeable wait and wine staff. The food presentation was very eye appealing, and the quality of our dinners were outstanding. We will return for another meal.