“Come for the sushi...stay for the coconut ice cream”

Oga's Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 137 Restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant based on reviews and decided to give it a shot. The outside is lackluster at best being part of a strip mall. Once you get inside though its a whole different experience. Sushi was fresh and delicious...lamb chop appetizer was unique and delicious as was the teriyaki salmon. The skin was so crispy and the fish was moist and tender. We decided to try the coconut ice cream. Give it a try.. perfect end to a perfect meal

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We go to Oga's once a month or so. There have monthly specials - mostly appetizers or sushi that are always interesting and really great. There is nothing wrong with there regular dishes, but we just order the speicals monly items, because they are beautifully prepared and always a surprise treat. Downsieds? THe Maitre'D is surly and they often won't seat you even when you can see that they have free tables. But, once your are seated the service is adequate and the food tops.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We take our family here every week or every other week when we crave sushi. It is always consistent in quality. It is located on a strip mall so many are surprised that such a high quality place exists but the ambiance inside is nice and clean. The service can be off at times but the food is worth it. We wish the menu would change or have a larger offering of specials because we have tried almost everything. The bento boxes are the best!

1  Thank MaSunseeker
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend and I meet here for a lunch a couple of times a month. We always enjoy sushi, and occasionally one of the other lunch specials.

The service for lunch is prompt, and professional, however; I have never eaten dinner here.

It's a tad pricy, but the food is excellent. Compared to some of the other places I have been in Metrowest, it is the best sushi. I also like Minado in Natick (it's all you can eat sushi, that's like being in heaven!), Ichiban in Ashland and Samba in Framingham were very good too.

I like the quieter atmosphere in Oga's - it's relaxing.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not the best sushi in Boston as many have claimed, but good nonetheless. Rolls are big and rice is fresh. Pricey. Hohum service. Clean restaurant. I had a roll that had tuna (cooked), crab, eggs and spicey mayo. It was a huge roll, but there was something unappetizing about the texture and tuna flavor. Rainbow roll was skimpy. Tempura batter, one of my pet peeves, was actually good, thus the crab tempura was good. We had the duck appetizer which had 4 pancake quarters, duck slicess, plum sauce was ok. Manager was on site, polite. I neither told them I'm a blogger not commented on input from sites such as yelp, and I'm sure he noticed we aren't regulars. Good sushi, pricey.