“For the Sushi Novice”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Love visiting Minado to try out new varieties of sushi. The place is clean and the sushi is yummy. They have recently mixed up what is available and the new selections are delicious!!

There are newer reviews for Minado Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Can't decide whether you want a bit of sushi, some salad, soup, dimsum or noodles? Go with Minado! As other reviewers have mentioned, they offer better value for lunch, although dinner isn't a bad deal either, given that they serve crab legs, oysters, unagi and sashimi on top of the regular lunch options.

Minado is ideal for groups, since you can totally skip the lengthy debates about what to order, and they do have something for everybody, from cold salads (seaweed, kani and the ubiquitous caesar's salad) to cooked entrees (beef teriyaki, 3 types of siu-mai, fried noodles, fish) and sushi. The sushi is admittedly not the best here, but it is decent and worth it given the price.

Desert is almost an afterthought here, but they do have some decent palate-cleansers. I particularly enjoy a bit of the green tea soft-serve ice cream after such a heavy meal.

Service is pretty good, although try to avoid the peak lunch hour. Reservations are accepted only for parties of 10 or more.

1  Thank David_T_Zarraga
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My friends and I can't go more than a month without visiting Minado! We were skeptical at first- how could a buffet with sushi be good? But we were wrong! Great selection of sushi- there are traditional ones like California Roll, but they also have sushi with mango and kiwi. They make a great Kaori roll! There are also many different salads and yummy desserts (I especially like the green tea ice cream)! I have a Minado frequent diner card, and I get $10 off my meals every once in a while. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Minado Restaurahalnt has been around for a couple of years but, we only recently went to this Asian food establishment. It was amazing. My daughter was invited for her middle school graduation with her girlfriends and they graciously let us come.
The restaurant has ample seating and even large groups of 20+ can be accommodated. I don't think they have any private rooms though.
The buffet is set-up with a line of hot dishes that moves into steamed items like Gyoza and Shumai, soups too. Then there are the Hibachi grill items, chicken, shrimp, beef and octopus, Yum. Then there are the crepes, hot thin and tender,with any fruit filling you would desire and topped with real whipped cream! Then there are cold salad dishes including Soba noodles (buckwheat) with broth and Nori. Let's not forget the cold seafood bar with oysters on the half-shell, crabs and other sashimi delicacies. Also, various sushi rolls to select. Finally we come to the desert bar. Tender morsels of cakes, strawberry, blueberry, green tea to name a few. For those counting calories, there are various melons and fruit to choose. They also have soft serve green tea and vanilla ice cream.
Quite honestly, this was a real find and for the price ($31.50PP w/o drinks) was so reasonable. We left satisfied without feeling that we ate soooo much that we couldn't move.
Oops, let's not forget the staff. They were professional, accommodating, helpful but, not underfoot. Wow, I think that about sums it up. If you love Asian food this is the place to go!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Minado is a great place to try many different kinds of sushi. It is an all you can eat buffet and everything is freshly prepared. In addition to the sushi, I enjoyed trying Japanese dishes that were unfamiliar to me. I knew that I would love the shrimp tempura but was surprised by how much I enjoyed the seaweed salad. When you go, be sure to have some green tea ice cream - a perfect way to end the meal.