“In Nice part of town; close by Commuter Rail; Walk to Mall; Many Restaurant Choices”

Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first week of November (Yes... he got to go to the winning game 6 of the World Series!) This is my husband's hotel of choice when he travels to Framingham, which is quite regularly. I liked so many things about this hotel.

It was clean, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was spot on and consistent with other Hampton Inns - including the traditional waffle maker.

But the location is what sets this Hampton Inn apart from other hotels in the area. The Natick Mall is RIGHT ACROSS the street from the hotel. Although there is not a sidewalk or walking path, and you do have to cross traffic, there is a stop light. Once on the other side of the street (Speen St.) there is a sidewalk and the mall is yours to explore. Wear your walking shoes and you will get in one great walk. If you think you will be purchasing a lot, you could drive over. Or... the hotel has a shuttle service available to take you anywhere in the area (more on that below).

There are tons of great restaurants in the area, all within a few minutes. We went to Legal Seafood one night. There is an awesome Mexican 1/2 a mile down Speen called Taqueria Mexico that I will definitely be visiting on my next visit.

As I was saying the hotel has a shuttle service. I used it the second day I was there and they dropped me off at the West Natick commenter Rail line for a nice 40 minute ride to Back Bay. You can find the schedule online and also download an app and purchase your tickets right there on your phone. I did this right before I got on the train, downloaded the app, purchased a round-trip ticket, and the conductor came by at that moment and I showed him my app-ticket and walla! So easy.

Now... about that missing star on this review. I only gave the hotel 4 stars because of one major problem. The shuttle service they use if not solely for their hotel. I did not know this and they did not tell me. On the third day I went to the front desk and asked for the shuttle service, they showed up, same time as the day before, to take me to the West Natick commuter rail. The only problem? The shuttle had to drop off 6 other people BEFORE me. One at a hotel and 5 at the Logan Express bus shuttle. Big problem. Since the train only comes ones an hour (and sometimes not even then) I had to figure out a new way to get into town. If I had a plane to catch, I would have to pay $75.00 for a taxi.

Fortunately I was just sightseeing and planning on meeting some friends in town and had given myself plenty of time. So I drove myself over to the Natick commuter rail line, parked there, waited 15 minutes and took the mass transit line, got off at Hynes and walked 10 minutes to my destination. Pretty much a hassle and a longer travel time (1 1/2 hours total with the 15 minute drive up front.) ANYWHO... why do I tell you this? Not to bash the hotel clerks; they did a fine job at what they do. BUT I do wish they would have told me the shuttle was not reliable.

I do plan on using it again when I go up, but will try and narrow down to make sure they can definitely get me to the Commuter Rail on time. Otherwise I will drive over myself and skip the shuttle. BTW... the subway is much cheaper ($5.00 round trip) and the rail was more ($16.00 round trip but faster and a bit nicer).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Kim Misk,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and your recent pleasant visit with us. All of us here are very pleased that we are the hotel of choice for you and your family. Our location cannot be better for sightseeing, shopping, and getting around to the many Boston sights.

With regard to our shuttle,we do operate a shuttle for the convenience of our guests coming or going to destinations within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Because we often have multiple guests going to a variety of destinations, frequently there are stops along the way. I do apologize that it is not a direct service, however, we are serving a number of guests.in the most efficient way possible.

Again, many thanks for your kind words about your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with others. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Best wishes for the Holidays!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very pleased with service and attention to the details. Needed a place to eat. The Hampton has a returant on the location. Very good and not to many $$. Slept well and the room was clean. I would recommend this location for anyone wanting to to go to Boston. Take the T at Riverside. A short distance. Very easy and accomendating.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karin C
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Karin,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Hampton Inn!

We are delighted you found the hotel a 5 Star experience and that you had the chance to enjoy our clean guestrooms and excellent service including our staff's attention to details. With our new adjacent restaurant Skybokx109 and easy access to Boston by public transportation, we are an fine choice for Boston bound guests.

We hope that you will return whenever your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stay at this Hampton Inn once or twice a year when we come to the area to visit family members who live nearby. The location near the highway and near an upscale mall and area restaurants is a plus and our past experience at this particular Hampton Inn has been consistently very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Frederick,

It is always great to hear from a long term customer that they are very satisfied with the accommodations and service we provide at the Hampton Inn.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and the fact that you took the time to let others know about our convenient location and the exemplary service that we offer.

We hope to see you again soon when you visit your family in the Boston area.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was able to get this hotel at a reasonable rate even though many of the hotels in the Boston area were booked for the World Series. I happened to show up on a date when there was a manager's special for Hilton HHonors members. The manager bought us drinks and appetizers, all of which were quite good.

The hotel was in good shape and not far from some great restaurants, including a Legal Sea Foods.

Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Natick!

It was a pleasure to meet you during your visit and I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel.

We hope you will make us your home when next you visit the Boston Area as all of us here would enjoy welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The room was spacious. Everything was clean. The front desk let me check in early, so I could perform a meeting from my room. Breakfast was served as expected in a Hampton, but I noticed that the staff took attention to their clients needs more than usual at other Hampton Inns. The hotel was a short 20 minute drive to the green line, so we could get downtown and to Fenway easily. Nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Judith K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your excellent review of your recent visit. All of us are delighted that you found our hotel a 5 star experience from the spacious and clean rooms, to the care our staff provided to help make your visit exceptional.

We hope you will consider us your Boston home and would enjoy welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed there with a team of high-school athletes one night in October. The staff was friendly and helpful--no complaints there. We ate next door in the sports bar, and the food was decent if unremarkable pub fare. Breakfast in the morning left something to be desired--the eggs were almost inedible, and the sausages seemed to be made of plastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your comments about you stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the staff friendliness during your visit.

I sincerely apologize that you did not find our complimentary breakfast to your liking. In addition to the hot items you mentioned, we daily serve made to order waffles, an extensive variety of breakfast breads and pastries, yogurts and both hot and cold cereals and fruits. With this expansive menu, I do hope you found something to your liking. Hampton Hotels is in the process of expanding their breakfast offerings, so next visit we will have some new breakfast items for our guests.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms were clean and cozy. It is across from a mall and has everthing within reach that you may need. The staff was friendly and accommodating and tried to help with all questions. I would stay at this location again and recommed to a friend.

Dear Karen D.,

All of us here always appreciate a satisfied guest who recommends us to their friends and family and are glad that you had such a pleasant stay.

We appreciate your taking the time to let others know how pleased you were with your visit and hope you return soon. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Cordially,
Judith Kalfon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Natick? Share your experiences!