“Great Staff in a Worn and Tired Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Natick
New Jersey
“Great Staff in a Worn and Tired Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The staff at this property is among the most courteous and helpful that I've encountered. I stay at this hotel often for business, and appreciate the warm welcome and can-do attitude of everyone from the front desk through the breakfast staff.

The guest rooms definirely show the wear and tear of heavy use. Carpeting is often stained, closets and general surfaces are worn and appear dirty. Certain rooms are musty, and half of the rooms control the A/C and Heat via thermostat, while the other half are controlled from the wall unit. The hallways all appear to be overly worn and generally smell like a mix of different foods.

Unfortunately, there aren't too many other hotel options in the area (despite having many large businesses located nearby). I'd opt for the Courtyard or the Crowne Plaza first, with the Hampton being a solid third.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank medicalalert
jmathers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Medicalalert -
Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. I'm really pleased to read your comments about our staff. We have an awesome team here. Your feedback regarding our facility is a bit disappointing. Obviously, you see the need for some deep cleaning, so we'll get right on it. As busy as we've been over the past several months, its good to get a fresh perspective to help us see the obvious. Our goal is to provide a fresh, clean product with outstanding service. I hope to hear from you again to measure our progress.
Thanks, again, for your continued business.
John Mathers, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband stays here frequently for work and it's become his favorite Boston-area business hotel. The location is convenient, the rooms comfortable with reliable internet, spacious desk area and better-than-average breakfast buffet. I was lucky to be able to join him at the hotel last week when much of our region lost power in a storm. I was surprised that our third floor room, although clean and comfortable, was slightly threadbare with a bit of a musty odor and the hall carpeting was in need of cleaning. My husband said that he usually stays on a higher floor and it's a bit nicer up there. Still, this hotel is completely fine, if not great, and every staff person I encountered was terrific. The place was completely booked (as was every hotel with power in the state) yet the staff was welcoming and courteous and the breakfast buffet was well-stocked. I wouldn't recommend this place for a romantic getaway, but for the business traveler, it's a good pick.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear HappyValleyGirl -
How nice to hear we've become your husband's favorite Boston-area hotel! Please ask him to say hello to me so I can thank him personally! I'm also glad you were able to get a room with us after the storm. I, too, was without power for a few days and had trees down all around my house. How odd to have that freak storm, and then such beautiful weather since!
Thanks for your feedback on the 3rd floor rooms. I'll look into that right away. We want every floor to be just as nice as the next. Thanks again for staying with us, and for taking time to post a review.
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed here once again over the Columbus Day weekend, and it was a pleasure to see the same friendly faces at the hotel. It is always a delight to be back here and it feels like home. We discovered this time, that it was an easy 7 minute walk to the Natick Mall, and it was not necessary to drive. The General Manager was away for the long weekend, but his team was absolutely marvelous even without him being there. All in all a very professional operation by Hilton Hotels, but you can easily feel the upfront and personal touch here because of the motivated team and a very attentive and involved owner, who comes in to see his guests at breakfast almost every day. We will be back next week again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmathers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear jaipune -
I'm disappointed that I did not have the chance to say hello to you during this visit. As you noted, I have the support of a terrific team and it enables me to get away from time to time. Thanks for staying with us once again, and for your nice comments. I look forward to see you in the not-too-distant future.
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Exactly what you expect...clean and standard Hampton Inn. Not a big Hilton person so don't have much to compare it too, but rooms were large, clean, not too dated, but not brand new. Old irons (that matters to a business traveler who hates the "salt-like" stuff that pops out onto your clothes). Very pleasant staff at front desk and helpful. No restaurant at hotel, but a small store with junk food and take out taxi delivery type of stuff. Breakfast included and is good (continental) with a large sitting area to eat it. Right off main highway which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear spgISLAND -
Thanks for staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to know we met your expectations. While we may not offer many frills, we do strive to provide the best possible value to our guests. Amenities that other hotels may charge for are always free at Hampton, including WiFi, breakfast, local calls, fitness center, business center. In Natick, we also offer a complimentary light supper, usually soup and salad, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Your comment about dirty irons is spot on (ok, pun intended). I'm sorry you found an old iron in your room. We replace them often, so I'll take your cue and ask our housekeeping team to do a special inspection of all rooms.
Thanks again for your business. We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Room was so comfortable--beds perfect firmness. Three kinds of pillows to choose from. Personnel were all very nice from the front desk, to the breakfast helpers, to the maids. Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear SKO4444 -
Thank you for posting a review of our Hampton Inn. I'm glad you found our "Cloud Nine" bedding so comfortable. All 1,850 Hampton Inn have the same bedding and the same selection of pillows. I also appreciate your comments about our staff. We're fortunate to have a terrific team. Hope to see you again soon. We really appreciate your business.
Windsor, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I kind of hate to write a good review of this hotel, only because we stay here quite frequently and I don't want to have any problems getting a room in the future because of being too popular!

We have stayed here frequently over the years on various trip in and around Boston. There have never been any problems, the rooms are always clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff friendly and hospitable.

The breakfast is always more than adequate and a good selection of items. (Scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, yogurt, fruit...).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmathers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear ntVT -
Thanks for the very nice review. Too much demand is a problem we love to have. Just let me know if you ever have a problem getting a room with us! We really appreciate your loyalty and will make every effort to serve your needs.
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed here several times as it is a convenient location. On our last visit, I had a quick request at the front desk but found myself waiting in a rather long line of check-ins. Almost immediately a manager, John M., appeared and asked if he could help anyone who was not checking in. I saw him several times later in the day making himself available and helpful. Front desk and breakfast staff are all equally friendly, professional and gracious.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmathers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Natick, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Mr. Simonian-
I'm always in the wrong lane on the interstate and the wrong line at the supermarket, so I know what its like to be stuck waiting in a slow line! At Hampton, we look for ways to anticipate guest needs in order to provide better service. Thank you for recognizing our staff's efforts. We really do have a great team. I hope we'll see you again soon on you next trip to the mainland!
John Mathers, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Needham

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Natick? Share your experiences!