“Very comfortable, Very clean, Very quiet”

Courtyard Boston Natick
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I've had 2 terrific stays at this hotel. Once in November 08 and once in January 09 for 2 of my son's sporting events. The hotel rooms were clean, comfortable (beds very comfy) and very quiet. I often stay at places like the Ritz and Four Seasons, etc...and I have to say I slept much better at the Marriott. I wasn't awakened by slamming doors, there were no sound of footsteps from the floor above, no service people chatting in the hallways at 6:00 am, etc...The breakfast was very nice and the service in the restaurant is good. The pool was great. My son and his friends spent a lot of time there in between their games.

If you have to stay in Natick, this is the hotel to visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 13, 2008

Good location, convenient to Mass. Pike and Boston. Friendly and attentive staff. Has a rest. downstairs open late which was convenient for late arrivals. Room was clean and good size. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I stay at this hotel frequently (5-6 times per year) and I have to say it always clean but over priced for what it is. The parking spaces are so small that I have in the past had to sandwich my way into my rental car. My primary reason for my stay is business so I am not concern with the fact that the hotel isn't a real experience but the basics are good. It is clean, if you need a meal or drink there is Jakes in the lobby and the location is good. I wouldn't suggest going in with high expectations but it is overall a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank LuvMyPug2008
Reviewed March 31, 2008

My mother and I arrived at the Courtyard by Marriott in Natick at around 2:40, but our room wasn't ready. We were brusquely told that it would probably be ready any minute. At 3:00 we asked again, and it was as if we'd just arrived. "Oh, I'll call housekeeping and tell them to get your room ready," we were told. Finally at 3:30 we were given a room. After we complained, we were given a coupon for one free breakfast (although there were two of us standing there complaining). Sadly, this proved to be indicative of the kind of reluctant service we experienced overall at the Courtyard whenever we had a question or request.

The hotel itself is well situated if you want easy access to Natick stores or the Logan Express. And they do have a shuttle that will take you to places within a two-mile radius. The hotel amenities also include a restaurant that serves a fairly nice breakfast and a swimming pool that's only open in the early morning and in the evening (this was very disappointing for me, since the afternoon was the only time I had free!).

But even though our room was just fine (two double beds, spacious bathroom), it wasn't worth anywhere near the $200 that we paid for the room. For that price, I was really expecting something nice. There are so many other hotels in the Natick/Framingham area that are just as nice and much cheaper, I highly doubt I'll ever be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Marywhotravels
Reviewed November 11, 2007

The Courtyard in Natick was a good value for the Boston area. We paid $124 + taxes per night. Standard business hotels in the city were running $300 to $500 on the weekend that we were there. The room, breakfast, pool area, bar, etc. were all cookie cutter Courtyard. Nothing special, but clean enough, decent service and free parking. Bring cash for tolls and parking if you stay in Natick and visit Boston. The tollbooths are confusing look for signs that say CASH or Tickets (yes, they have both) as well as flashing green lights. It cost us $4.20 to get to Natick from the airport. Parking downtown was $10 to $20 each time we went. Natick is a commuter area; so keep rush hour traffic patterns in mind. On Friday at 5:00 PM it was a quick 20-minute drive from the hotel in to Faneuil Hall. Traffic heading out of Boston at the time looked to be moving significantly slower.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2007

We were visiting Wellesley (15-20 mins away)for a group event and chose the Courtyard from the hotels available. It is a pretty basic hotel, next to a very large upscale Mall. It is not quite as nice as other Courtyards we have stayed in. We had a king room and had requested a rollaway. When we arrived we found the very small room had a very small (twin) fold out couch with no linens. We called the front desk and a fellow brought up 1 king sheet and 1 thin blanket. We called again and got a blanket. The next day, I asked at the front desk and got a set of sheets and one more thin blanket. Still no pillow. The room was pretty basic and they are incredibly skimpy on toiletries. The pool is nice, as is the workout room. The bar was nice (very expensive $12 for a martini) and the bartender very nice. Parking was a pain. We had to hang out to wait for spaces. We are going to try the Hampton Inn next time if we have to stay in Natick. We had to stay the Sunday night and couldn't get our group rate. We decided to move into the Sheraton in Cambridge. Very good idea.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Nice stay. Encountered one of the sweetest front desk staff ever at this hotel during check-in. Facility looks pretty new, and it always appeared clean. Although the room was nice and the bed was comfortable, I was surprised at the size -- we had a king-bed room, and it was quite tiny, like something you would expect to see in New York City rather than suburbia. One of the people in our wedding party was in a double room, however, and it was a standard size.

Fitness facility was good -- two elliptical trainers, a treadmill, weight machine, etc.

Stayed: June 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham

Been to Courtyard Boston Natick? Share your experiences!