“Nice, basic hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Natick
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice, basic hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We spent a Saturday night at this hotel and had a pleasant stay. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel was located near where we needed to be and plus, the Natick mall and numerous eateries were close by. The room was nice and clean, and the bed was fairly comfortable. The heating unit was pretty loud when it came on and off, which tended to startle and wake up our toddler. The breakfast at the restaurant at the lobby was quite good. The omelet station was quick and quite tasty. Our server was friendly and very accommodating as well. The only complaint may be that the hair dryer did not work. When reported to the front desk, the lady who answered the calls was very nice. It took a while for the maintenance person to come to our room and when he did, he did not know why he was called. When I informed him that the hair dryer was not working, he wanted check and confirm that it wasn't working. Then he left again and came back later with a handheld hair dryer. This took longer than anticipated and my hair ended up drying before I got the functioning hair dryer (ending up with frizzy hair -- oh well). Overall, it was a nice, basic hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jill S, Manager at Courtyard Boston Natick, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. Please accept my apology for anything but a great stay with us. Please contact me directly to discuss further.

Jill Sullivan
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The suite we stated in room 612 was a nice upgrade for a reasonable price. Loved the balcony - spacious with a view of woods - and the two TVs - one for the adults and one for the kids!

But the best part of this hotel is James the lifeguard who made our stay special. Can't say enough good things about him. Our eight year old became sick and James raced to help him grabbing towels and even called later to ask how he was doing! He genuinely cares about people and went above and beyond to make the kids feel welcome and to make their stay fun.

This property is right next to the Natick mall so convenient to lots of shops/restaurants. Would be nice if hotel restaurant opened for lunch, but fit out needs for a hotel stay while visiting family there.

Stayed December 2013
Boysnme3

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. James does a great job and is always eager to make sure everyone is happy.
We look forward to your next visit.

Jill Sullivan
Assistant General Manager
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent one night at the Courtyard Marriott Natick because we were en route and checking in quite late, and it was convenient to our final destination. The room was fine, although the towels were threadbare Frette knock-offs. Breakfast was not included, which we knew, but there was a breakfast area with various items for sale. Knowing this, we had brought in our own breakfast cookies and planned to purchase coffee and milk to go with. However, when we had purchased the liquids (self service) and sat down to eat, the manager approached us and asked if we had purchased the cookies there or had brought them in. When we replied that we had brought them in, he said in an angry sort of way that this was not permitted. There were no signs to our knowledge indicating that this was the policy, nor was there any indication in the hotel literature or reservation material that this was not permitted. He "allowed" us to stay and finish our coffee, milk, and cookies, but the dirty looks and angry tone left us with a bad taste in our mouths, so to speak.

3 Thank Glad2BDone
Frank D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Natick, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory experience in our breakfast area. You should of been able to enjoy your cookies and coffee without having to purchase the breakfast buffet. If you happen to stay with us again I would be happy to offer you breakfast complimentary.

Frank Dorsey
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was able to check in early, which was a plus but found the front desk people not to be very friendly. The only friendly person was a waiter by the name of Edmond, he work at the Hotel Restaurant, the food is good! the price is reasonable, and he was great with my two kids. :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Aurelia63
New Hampshire
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family on a Saturday night. I had a conference on Sunday at another hotel and called to arrange an extended stay with the staff. I was able to speak to the front desk staff and the manager and they were very helpful accommodating my needs. I love the Marriott chain and this hotel was as expected.
Pros:
1) It was conveniently located near the Natick Mall (packed with holiday shoppers).
2) The hotel provided shuttle service to local businesses. I was able to get a ride on Sunday morning with a lovely staff member who got me there on time.
3) Pool on site (also fitness center). We used the pool a couple of times and the lifeguard was very friendly and attentive. Although the pool was heated, the pool was a bit colder than expected but it is the winter time.
4) Check-in and check-out was easy. We had a very friendly staff member check us in and we were able to check in with no problems with all of our requests (pack-and play, away from elevator). The spinning of the wheel for Marriott points was a bonus for my daughter.
5) Coffee and tea were provided for guests in the lobby area.

Cons (minor):
1) We had breakfast at the restaurant on site and I was not impressed with the overall food. The staff however were courteous.
2) Room size was smaller and could have been cleaner. The room was packed with a queen sized bed, full-size sofa couch, dresser, chair and desk. A bit tight if you were to do anything else but sleep in the room.
3) Extra bedding was missing from the closet when we arrived. We had to call to request the extra sheets, pillow and blanket for the sofa bed. On the plus side, the items arrived promptly after our phone call.
4) Internet surcharge. If you were not paying attention and hit the high speed internet by mistake, you were charged extra for the service. Frankly, I did not see a huge difference in speed. When I questioned the charges, the manager did call me back to explain the charges.

Overall, I was impressed with the follow-up when issues arose. The hotel was as expected and we appreciated the extra accommodations the staff made for us. We would stay again at this hotel in the future and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We travel a bit and usually stay at the 5 star, sometimes slum the 4 star but Natick MA doesn't offer either so the Courtyard was our pick. The Marriott chain really have their act together and the Courtyard Natick is no exception. We were welcomed by the delightful staff and check-in was quick and easy. Our room was clean, quite and had the most comfortable bed ever (well, not counting our own at home). I would stay here again and even recommend it to my mother.

Room Tip: We liked the 6th floor but I think all the rooms are good in this hotel