“Above and Beyond!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monson
Lord Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Monson B&B and Inns
Bellevue, Washington
“Above and Beyond!”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I hope everyone has the chance to experience this B & B. Ed and Jeff are more than owners, they are sweet, funny, social, maticulate & very knowledgeable. The smell when you first walk is is wonderful. But for me, the best was the sheets & the towels. SOFT & LUXURIOUS...not flimsy like at some B & B's..pure luxury.The details make this place amazing. I talked with Ed & Jeff & had coffee in the kitchen and was able to hear all about the history of the home & all the love they have poured into it. When I say they went "above and beyond" I truly mean it. I was there for 2 days. I was leaving & my rental car would not start. so Ed, without a blink, offered to drive me to Bradly airport. So we hopped into the volvo and off we went. Superior customer service. I will sing from the rafters to tell everyone I can about this wonderful place & the wonderful men who run it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
boston ma
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The house was amazing - immacualte and tastefully decorated. Rooms were very comfortable and spotless. The breakfast was delicious and the hosts incredible. If you are in Western Mass and need a place to stay look no further. This place is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ/PA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This review is long overdue ( my apologies to Ed and Jeff if you are reading this!)

I had the pleasure of staying here while on a business trip in MA. If you are ever in the area and need a place to stay look no further. This is what a B&B should be---warm and welcoming without being stuffy. My only recommendation for travelers---you need a car! Since I was without a car --hence the business trip----Ed and Jeff went out of their way ( above and beyond) to make my stay even more comfortable. Although most guests only get to enjoy breakfast I would like to share that Ed is a fabulous chef . Your kindness was very much appreciated.

I thank you again and hope to return one day with my husband and parents for the Brimfield Fair.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
connecticut
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Would highly recommend this B&B. Our rooms were beautifully decorated and immaculate, while our hosts, Jeffrey and Ed, were personality and thoughtfulness extraordinaire. Also, our delicious breakfast included eggs laid by their OWN chickens, whom you may meet in their coup under the carriage house.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cozybrimfield
Boston
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Just back from a wonderful weekend at the Lord Manor B&B and what a stay!! A friend and I had planned the trip around the Brimfield Antique Show, which neither of us had ever attended, and needed a place to stay overnight on the Saturday of our weekend. Plenty of run-of-the-mill motels within a decent distance of the show, but we wanted something a bit more special. Lord Manor was certainly it. In the opposite direction of the previously mentioned motels and hotels, we literally drove in and out of the antique show faster than anyone else there! That in and of itself was a huge plus, but the manor itself was fantastic. Jeff and Ed, the proprietors, left no stone unturned as far as guest comfort and convenience. They also happen to be 2 of the nicest and most entertaining hosts I've met in a long time! The grounds are impeccable, their pool is gorgeous and was inviting had it been a few degrees warmer, but a perfect backdrop for wine and cheese in the late afternoon. Jeff grows his own medicinal herbs in the garden, keeps his own bees for honey (!!!) and they have chickens that will guarantee the...best...eggs you've ever tasted in their delicious morning breakfast spread. The house itself is the embodiment of what a B&B should be, classic colonial with beautiful but comfortable furnishings and is beyond clean and very well-maintained. We stayed in the Ellis room, absolutely lovely with a great private bath. Jeff and Ed's 3 dogs are well-behaved and a perfect welcoming committee. I'd go back in a heartbeat - not a ton to do in Monson besides the thrice yearly Brimfield Show, but as someone who lives in a concrete jungle, the drive out there alone would be worth the excuse to stay at this gem! Needless to say, I was impressed. Feel free to contact me if you want any other insights/opinions!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank capeandlake
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My dear friend and I spent a night at the Lord Manor during the weekend of the Brimfield Flea Market. It was the perfect place to stay. The home sits on five acres and is meticulously cared for, with the utmost attention paid to every detail. The very comfortable and beautifully appointed rooms are generous in size and during our visit smelled of freshly cut lilacs. The linens were so soft and also smelled terrific. In the morning we were treated to a scrumptious breakfast of blueberry pancakes and fluffy scrambled eggs - eggs that were gathered that very morning from their chicken coop! And all served on lovely Wedgewood China no less. The best part about our stay was of course the warmness and hospitality of the owners. Jeff and Ed are the perfect hosts and truly make everyone feel graciously welcome. Available when we needed them, but they let us have plenty of privacy too. We felt like we had the whole gorgeous house to ourselves! If you are looking for a boutique bed and breakfast where you will be pampered, look no further! The Lord Manor is such a delight! Thanks very much to Jeff and Ed - we had a lovely stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank netremblay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monson
Publick House Historic Inn
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Holiday Inn Express Ludlow
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Lord Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!