“great dinner!”
Review of 88 Wharf

88 Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
88 Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Transit: Milton stop on the MBTA Red Line stops across the street.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious dinner here. He had pork chops ( huge and tender) and I had scallops. Both dishes were expertly prepared and served hot. The ambiance is hip and romantic - not too big a space but not cramped either. Our server was friendly and prompt with every request. I would recommend it highly!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

we took antoher couple there on a groupon deal - seemed nice but the service was mediocre and my meal (scallops) while done well were served cool so it sat in the kitc hed for awile - my husband's meal (duck and duck fried rice was just OK) - it was a Tuesday and not that crowded but twice had to ask for the water glasses to be refilled. On the way out we heard the restaurant is for sale........thank god.

1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a groupon so off we went for dinner on a Wednesday night, and it was fairly busy for a Wednesday night, but the service was great in spite of it. We were a group of four, and ordered the grilled steak, grilled pork chops, and bolognese, along with fried oysters and caesar salads. Everything was very good, and along with the great service it made for a very enjoyable night.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant to take my Mom on one of my many visits to see her.
We came across 88 Wharf as it was opening for dinner.
The decor is simple but comfortable.
Our waiter, Joseph, was exceptional.
We had the grilled pork with mashed potatoes and carrots. The meal was wonderful. I would characterize it as comfort food. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the meat was cooked perfect and was full of flavor.
I was very impressed with the overall warmth and service of the staff.

1  Thank travelingman826
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have lived in Milton a long time and though we live abroad most of the year now, when we return home we stop here for dinner, since we can walk.

This August we had two experiences--one inside, treating friends to dinner and finding it pretty high-priced and not that special, and then later by ourselves, coming early and getting a terrace table on a beautiful evening. Birds landed on the water, boats drifted in, it was like being in Maine. We had nice seafood and a half bottle of wine, and a totally good time. This restaurant isn't what it was when it opened, it's true. But you can still have a nice experience by the water on a lovely evening. Or having a burger there on a cold day--their burgers are great.

1  Thank LongTimeTraveler_11