“Boston style/quality, but less expensive”
Review of Abby Park

Abby Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Abby Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Tucson, Arizona
“Boston style/quality, but less expensive”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the second time we've eaten there and it was great. The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and attentive without being in the way. He offered some helpful menu suggestions that turned out to be just right. The prices were fair and all four of our entrees were delicious. We found a parking space right on the street, which was a nice bonus. Definitely will go back again.

• Visited August 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“fabulous food; limited parking at Abby Park”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The food at Abby Park is fabulous. A few months ago I had a hamburger...excellent. Today I tried the crabcake sandwich. After reading about all the butter in brioche that is served with it, I requested the multi-grain roll...a good choice. As one who spent my childhood "fishing" for crabs on the West Dennis beach, I'm very particular about crabcakes. These were the best...I'd order them again.

The one downside is that there's precious little parking at Abby Park. Why they use "park" in their name is a mystery.

If you're a native of Milton you'll remember when the site of Abby Park was the Five & Ten Cents store...Mr. Braga watched out of all the kids as we purchased our school supplies, toys, and more. Just sitting there with those who remember that is a trip down memory lane. That store was such a magnet "back in the day" I feel that Abby Park is missing a big marketing opportunity not to offer this history either somewhere on the back of their menu or with old time pictures on the walls. I can just imagine having a "Milton-day" and getting the word out to those who recall this part of Milton's history...the place would be packed.

• Visited August 2012
Boston
“Great Mother's Day brunch”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I've been to Abbey Park numerous times and always had great food and outstanding service. Mother's Day bunch was great. Many great options including an omelet station, numerous main courses and a dessert bar. Service was excellent and atmosphere was lively. Highly recommended!!

3 Thank JonnyBeGood
Boston, Massachusetts
“New American meets the Great American Songbook”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We've been to Abby Park several times in the last two years. It delivers. The food is mostly new American with some old Italian favorites like pizza ($14-$16).

We like the hamburgers, lamb or beef ($12). The salad was also good, small and pricey. Other eaters liked the pork tenderloin ($19), the portabello mushroom ravioli ($18) and the miso salmon ($25). You'll also find beef tenderloin ($36) and chicken saltimbocca ($22).

The bar gets loud. The service is prompt. If you're looking for vegetables, you can order sides ($5-$7) like mushrooms, asparagus, string beans, or roasted onions. I ordered baby bok choy; baby is descriptive.

It turns out my favorite reason for eating at Abby Park is The Blue Hotel with Mimi McCaffrey. They're a jazz combo that plays the Great American Songbook as well as your favorite or at least my favorite standards from rock & roll, country, pop and blues. And oh boy, can Mimi sing. If you're in Milton Sunday, June 17, stop in between 6 and 9 pm. No cover and there's free parking behind the restaurant.

1 Thank Kitty228
Boston, Massachusetts
“lots of pros...and some minor cons”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I've been here a few times. My most recent visit was this past Thursday. Three of us had hamburgers which were delicious. We all had different specifications and those were hononred. The fourth person had a small pizza -- which was huge and looked delicious. There was a featured wine which two of us ordered -- we got the Pinot Noir and it was excellent. Not too pricy and a very large glass.

One concern was that the service was a bit slow -- and it wasn't that busy. We were headed to an event nearby so told the waitress we had a bit of a time crunch. I do feel we could have been served a bit faster. The waitress also forgot to deliver one of the glasses of wine. The other person saw it sitting at the bar, picked it up and brought it to the table herself.

I grew up very near the location of Abby Park. It used to be the local 5 & 10 cent store. It was the afternoon destination for every kid in the neighborhood. We walked, rode our bikes, and behaved ourselves under the watchful eye of the store manager who was more like a father than a store manager. We bought our school supplies, or dolls, our supplies for summer crafts, our jump ropes, balls, and much more on the site of this restaurant. I feel that the place could enhance its local color by putting up pictures of those good ole days. The locals would come in just to see Milton in the 50s and 60s.

1 Thank hildegard2011

Been to Abby Park? Share your experiences!