“Very good place to stay for business in the area”

Courtyard Boston Milford
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I love the new lobby cafe they are putting into Courtyards. In particular the staff here is excellent, always very helpful. My one complaint is that mostof the rooms (I've stayed in 4 or so in the last few months) have a musty smell. As if the carpet got wet. Not surprising since the shower head points towards the sink area which is carpeted. I wish they'd replace that smelly carpet!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the courtyard side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before the Boston marathon. It was an exceptionally hot day and the race itself was tough... but that's beside the point. Our hotel experience was superb - everything was amazing, from beginning til the end. As we checked into this hotel, we were asked if we are marathoners and given little gift bags with energy bars, fruit and drinks - how lovely! The hotel organized free shuttle-bus service to the marathon start, this was great, again amazing service 100%! Dinner on offer consisted of various pasta dishes - perfect for our pre-race carbo-loading.
The room was pristine clean, very nice bathroom and a comfy bed. I really needed a fridge and a microwave and was very happy to discover both in our room.
It was also really nice to see a little hand-written note on our bedside table, wishing us a nice day!
Overall, an amazing experience. We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Let's admit it. The Boston area can be very expensive, and since this is an old New England town, the hotel choices can also show their age.

By the looks of it, the Courtyard has had a recent renovation, and everything from the bar area, computer lounge area, flat panet T.V.'s and internal room furnishings are modern and look new.

A basic Wi-Fi internet connection is included, and if you want faster speeds, you can purchase that for extra money. For my e-mails, SKYPE, etc., it worked fine.

I've never been a fan of Marriott beds or pillows compared to Starwood, and I would say the sleep comfort was adequate. I've stayed in a few hotels in the area, and in general the quality of the linens and room were above those other hotels.

In general, the property was very good, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here in the mid 90's and returned again last year. Found the hotel to be fully renovated and as good as I had remembered. Hotel just off 495 to easy access to most areas on the ring road. Rooms big and very comfortable - internat access, pool, Gym.
Only problem i have with the Hotel is that the food is not great - does not have a dedicated restaurant. Although I must say that the additional of the Bar, tough small, is a big addiition for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Bridewood
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night last week. The staff was exceptional both in the evening and in the morning. Very friendly and insistent on making them aware of anyway they could improve my stay. The room was very clean and comfortable and the location very easy to get to off of the interstate.

I do feel the need to point out one thing that was a major disappointment to me. Friday morning I decided to go for a quick swim and was surprised to find the pool hours Monday-Friday is 5PM (yes, 5 in the afternoon) to 9PM. HUGE letdown, so if you want to use the pool in the morning during the week you are simply out of luck. This felt far from inviting and honestly would probably prevent me from staying here again despite everything else being great.

However if the pool being closed in the morning isn't a big deal to you than I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the area!

Room Tip: Great service, very friendly
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Dear fellow business travelers,

If you ever need a place to stay in the Milford area, the Courtyard by Marriott Boston is definitely one of your best choices. Recently renovated, the hotel is in a great location (close to several restaurants and shops), very clean and staffed by incredibly professional people. The rooms are very comfortable and free internet access is included. I'm a Platinum member and have pretty high standards. Although this is a basic Courtyard property, it's one of the best I've ever stayed at and will continue to recommend it to others.

E. Ciarma

Room Tip: Make sure to stay away from the elevators and the ice machines if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eciarma
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Of all of the hotels in the area, this one is by far the best. Aside from the fact that just about everyone who works there is genuinely pleasant, friendly and helpful, the facility itself is such a warm and welcoming change from typical hotels in this class.

The first thing you notice is that there is no long reception desk separating you from the staff, but rather two podiums which provides for a more personal interaction. Then there is the common area that combines places to relax, eat, meet and work all in a very comfortable environment. And all supported by food and beverage options that exceed the expectations for this class of hotel.

The rooms have also been redone to maximize useful working space and provide optimal use of what might otherwise be considered smallish rooms.

I have not used the gym or pool facilities, but can see that they look nice.

I stay at this property whenever I am in the area and recommend you do as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard provide a much nicer view than those on the exterior.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Milford Inn
Milford Inn
#6 of 6 in Milford

Been to Courtyard Boston Milford? Share your experiences!