“Nice place for dinner”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Near Rte 109
Description: Fine wine, creative food...Truffles is an exciting addition to the Metro West dining scene. This upscale bistro style eatery showcases a winning combination of New American cuisine, a sophisticated wine list and a stylish, intimate and charming ambience. Chef & Co-owner Anna Wallach presents a wonderful Eclectic and frequently changing menu that focuses on fresh local ingredients and seasonal influences. To complement the food, Truffles has compiled an attention drawing wine list with numerous offerings by the glass and has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in four consecutive years.
Ashland, MA
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went here last week with 4 friends for a girls night out. This was our first time here and we definitely enjoyed it. The ambiance was nice and the food was good. We went on a Wednesday night so it was pretty empty in there but we didn't mind. Nice place for the suburbs!

• Visited August 2012

Maine
“Lovely Place Marred by Service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food is expensive but good at Truffles. I've visited in the past when I'm in the area with clients. This week was my last visit, because the service was so poor it was embarrassing. The waitress took 30 minutes just to deliver any drinks, almost an hour to take dinner orders. After sitting for 25 minutes among dirty plates we lost hope completely for any additional service like more drinks or a dessert menu. I had to leave the table to hunt down anyone to deliver the bill. It's especially irritating to have a 18% service fee tacked on for the worst service I've had this year (we were a group of 7). It was a Tuesday night, with not more than a half dozen tables filled in the whole place, so being overwhelmed with customers wasn't the problem. They will continue to lose customers if they can't meet minimal service standards.

• Visited July 2012
Howard W, Owner at Truffles Grille & Wine Bar, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
As the owner of Truffles, I want to apologize for your recent dining experience. We had returned that evening from a 2 week vacation/shutdown and frankly, we were not as prepared to open as we should have been. It certainly impacted your server's ability to provide an outstanding dining experience. As owners, we take full responsibility and will be better prepared the next time.

As a repeat guest at Truffles, I hope you understand that Tuesday night was not representative of the restaurant and that you will visit us in the future. If so, please introduce yourself so I can apologize personally.

Howard
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Truffles Wine Bar is more than meets the eye”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Housed in what was once a burger and ice cream joint, Truffles Wine Bar and Restaurant has been preparing some of Milford's best food for many years. The menu while not extensive is varied and offers everything from duck to a couple seafood dishes and always excellent rack of lamb. The appetizers are very good especially the bruschetta, and the wine list has some very nice selections including some very nice wine flights of 4 - 2oz glasses. My last time there I ordered the duck, which turned out not to be not my favorite of their duck preparations, but overall Truffles is classy and quiet without being stuffy or overly pretentious. While it's easy to drop $80 - $100 for dinner these days, for a little more you can get a real night out. Great for couples or special occasions, or just hang out at the wine bar.

• Visited June 2012
Medway, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and wine list”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I went here for date night. The food was excellent and the wine list was extensive. The waiter was very attentive but not too much so since I think he realized we didn't want to be bothered too much on our 'date' :) The only reason I'm giving this four stars instead of five is because it is pricey. However, I think it's worth it for the occasional night out without the kids.

• Visited May 2012
Milford
“Early Father's Day Dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I took my Dad to his favorite restaurant last night for Father's Day and was very pleased with the entire dining experience form the greeting to the exit. The waitstaff was attentive and suggested that I order the sea bass, which was fantastic. It was cooked perfectly with the perfect amount of seasoning. I also ordered a side of their lionaisse potatoes that were delicious. The presentation of the meal was 5 star. I've lived in Milford since 1999 and have never been to Truffles. I am planning on going back next weekend with my husband for our 32nd anniversary. It is a bit expensive, but if you want a special, unrushed dining experience...I would strongly recomment this restaurant!

• Visited June 2012